Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
RIP Carrol Shelby....
dennisafrompa - Friday, 11 May, 2012, at 5:04:52 pm
...passed away at 89.
Re: RIP Carrol Shelby....
Dan08BoxS - Friday, 11 May, 2012, at 6:04:43 pm
RIP CS... An incredibly storied life.... My 289 Cobra... and my brothers GT350R and his GT40.... were and are incredible cars. If it were not for the Boxster bug.... I would still be driving a Shelby!
Dave In MD - Friday, 11 May, 2012, at 7:00:31 pm
Back in the 70s I had the pleasure of a ride in one of his 427 Cobras at over 160 with the top down. The car was a beast and a product of genius.

Thanks for all your contributions to the automotive world. What a legacy you leave!

RIP CS.

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
jwdbox - Friday, 11 May, 2012, at 7:11:04 pm
He did produce some amazing cars. My favorite recollection of him was when I came upon him at one of the big car shows and he was off loading a new all aluminum bodied Cobra. He asked if I wanted to stick around while he fired it up. You betcha! Shelby neglected to suggest I move back from the side pipe as he started it. My last recollection before going partially deaf was how phenomenal it sounded and looked. The body just flowed.cool smiley
MikenOH - Friday, 11 May, 2012, at 8:58:19 pm
An automotive genius to the end..
frogster - Sunday, 13 May, 2012, at 4:28:54 pm
you've got to admire someone with such dedication that they're ready to die competing

While trying to fend off an anticipated heart attack, he drove in a 200-mile race in 1960 with nitroglycerin pills underneath his tongue, finishing third at Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey.

"If I hadn't slowed down each time I popped one of those pills, I might have won," he said.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login