Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
in at the local dealer today to pick up the air dam for the other car. Spotted a different face at the service manager's desk. I asked about SM and was told he was in Atlanta test driving the new Boxsters.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Have not been following the 2013 Boxster release...
MarcW - Wednesday, 16 May, 2012, at 7:44:29 pm
All I know is my local/nearby dealer GM invited me to attend a new Boxster intro scheduled for last I heard in June. I did not even get a specific date and of today I have not received any official/formal invitation yet.

Maybe because the 2013 Boxster release has been postponed.

Maybe I'll know more after the dealer's regular service manager returns from his trip to Atlanta and I have a chance to talk to him.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Laz--what all did you get on your car? *NM*
MikenOH - Thursday, 17 May, 2012, at 12:14:11 pm
Options alone cost more than most of the cars I have owned. I plan to keep this one for a long time and take many long trips in it - so I decided to get everything I wanted. I thought long and hard about geting the 6 speed - but my wife absolutely refuses to drive a manual and sometimes on a long trip I would like an occasional break with the driving. Also, I will probably do some DEs in it . Anyway, here ismy list:

Infotainment Package with BOSEĀ® Surround Sound System
Premium Package
Convertible Top in Black
Agate Grey Metallic
Leather interior in special color Agate Grey
Bi-Xenon(TM) headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV)
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Sport Chrono Package i.c.w.
PCM 20-inch Carrera S wheel
Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
Seat ventilation
Smoking package
Sports seats, electrical (14-way) with memory package
SportDesign steering wheel
Porsche crest embossed on head restraints
Porsche Sport Exhaust

mike
But - i wanted the Nav (I hate having my GPS unit hanging on the windshield) and satellite radio - In the mountains of western North Carolina, if you don't have XM/Sirius, the only radio choices are country and gospel! (I have an aftermarket XM in my 08).

Cheers,

mike
Re: I agree - the term "infotainment" is atrocious.
Laz - Friday, 18 May, 2012, at 12:19:22 am
Stayed at the Opryland Hotel some years back on business. The rooms' piped in music had two settings: "Country" and "Western." No opera, unfortunately!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2012 12:20AM by Laz. (view changes)
Those are some pretty nice bits & pieces you've added Mike. I'm sure you're really going to love that one.
Configuration
Laz - Thursday, 17 May, 2012, at 9:06:32 pm
Boxster S
6 speed manual
Agate Grey Metallic
Blue top
Yachting Blue partial leather interior; standard seats*
Full color wheel cap crests (to offset all the low key coloration and a better transition to the red calipers.)
Bi-xenons with PDLS
Model delete (with it, too busy back there)
Convenience Package: *Seat heating, Wind deflector, 2 zone AC
Steering wheel heating
*Seat ventilation
Smoking package (covered compartment with another 12v source)
PASM
PTV
No "Infotainment" package. The very term makes me cringe!

I imagine it comes with a wheel key, and I'm gonna buy a Porsche jack and wheel hanging tool.
Re: Configuration
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 17 May, 2012, at 11:35:48 pm
All I can say is, I'm sure I've seen a VERY similar option list somewhere.

Having trouble sleeping at night? winking smiley smiling bouncing smiley
Pacing back and forth in my house like a caged
Laz - Friday, 18 May, 2012, at 12:23:31 am
panzer.

.... look at the time stamp on this post!
Laz
panzer.

.... look at the time stamp on this post!

My gosh. Up and eating breakfast at that time already? winking smiley grinning smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Re: I wish mine was on the boat! June 30 build date.
Laz - Thursday, 17 May, 2012, at 9:11:57 pm
I'm awaiting definitive information as to whether June 9 holds or the 30th will be the US model release. Don't want to get a loan approval and then have to reapply.
Earlier today I checked inventories at the West London and a central Germany dealer; none listed yet. Maybe it's a single worldwide release day.
I signed up with my local dealer for a 981 test day to be
DougW - Thursday, 17 May, 2012, at 6:02:57 am
held at a local track on May 29, can't wait. Hope they have some manual Boxsters as I've heard all the Boxsters provided for the dealer launch where PDKs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2012 06:03AM by DougW. (view changes)
I provided myself/DJ and lighting for my local dealership for the launch parties of the new cars and the 981 party is not till mid June. So unless Dave pulls a rabbit out of a hat I doubt it. But he did bring a spyder last year (that I did not get to drive, curse him smiling smiley) Maybe the surprise event will be a fleet of 981's on road track for us to use at our disposal. One can hope.
The intro to dealers is here:

[blog.al.com]
I obviously don't know how to post a link.
So for the story on the Boxster intro at Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama go to al.com. Then select News, then Business and finally under columnists select Michael Tomberlin. Scroll down to the story.
Link
Dave In MD - Thursday, 17 May, 2012, at 7:12:27 pm
Here's the link.
http://blog.al.com/businessnews/2012/05/porsche_introduces_new_boxster.html

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Re: Link
chrismmm - Friday, 18 May, 2012, at 4:15:18 am
that last photo in the series. what the hell is that guy trying to say? probably: how could this space get any smaller?

srsly. thanks for the link, photos, and insight Dave!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2012 04:16AM by chrismmm. (view changes)
When I look at the time and money they;ve spent on press introductions and seat time for the press and now the dealers.

I wonder just how many Boxsters they produced just for all the media intros / dealer training.

There is a bit of misinformation in the article which states the 981 was introduced in January at the NY Auto show.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login