Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Premium fuel pricing
MikenOH - Wednesday, 16 May, 2012, at 7:14:26 pm
First tank up since the car came out last month--haven't driven it much but that will end this weekend.
Regular at a station off an interstate was priced at $3.55/gal so I pulled in; when I glanced at the premium price it was $4.02/gal or $.47 more than regular.

My recollection was premium around here ran about +$.25/gal. than regular; anybody else seeing the pricing differential between regular and premium changing--as in much higher?
was priced at $3.999/gallon, that 89 was not priced at $4.099/gallon and 91 was not priced at $4.199/gallon. IOWs a $0.10 price jump per gallon from 87 to 89 to 91.

Maybe you were looking a 93/94 octane pump's prices?

I vaguely recall when I lived/drove in the KC Mo area where some (not many) gas stations (Philips 66 is the only one I can recall but there may have been other brands) carried a super premium that it was of course priced higher than plain old premium.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Yes, this is 93 octane but typically most stations around here only offer 93 octane--Marathon, BP are the biggies.

Plus is about $.10 more/gal.--as it has been.
Re: Premium fuel pricing
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 16 May, 2012, at 8:52:04 pm
Come on north of the Border for gas.

Only $1.28 ...per liter = $4.85 / gallon for 87 octane
$1.46 per liter = $5.53 / gallon for 94 octane

MikenOH
First tank up since the car came out last month--haven't driven it much but that will end this weekend.
Regular at a station off an interstate was priced at $3.55/gal so I pulled in; when I glanced at the premium price it was $4.02/gal or $.47 more than regular.

My recollection was premium around here ran about +$.25/gal. than regular; anybody else seeing the pricing differential between regular and premium changing--as in much higher?
Re: Premium fuel pricing
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Wednesday, 16 May, 2012, at 9:52:54 pm
My wife compares prices and says that the delta between regular and "high test" has gone up over the last few years. I used to recall 10 cents between each of three grades. Was a factor when she replaced her car last fall. I'm amazed at what the improvements in mileage have been in the last 10 years between two relatively similar weight cars.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login