Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I wrote this up a couple weeks back... In case anyone is interested in removing their center console, replace shift boot, upgrade to short shifter, here is a guide to help. You can download the PDF here: [www.box.com]
Re:Nire write up ,,tksthumbs up *NM*
carlos in Montreal - Sunday, 20 May, 2012, at 3:03:13 pm
Roger, have you got yours installed yet?
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 20 May, 2012, at 11:37:27 pm
Roger987
n/t
Re: Roger, have you got yours installed yet?
Roger987 - Monday, 21 May, 2012, at 10:42:28 am
Nope, I have it, but won't be able to install it until I'm back home in 3 weeks. But I did install my Installed my new steering wheel in the hotel parking lot Friday morning, and LOVE IT !!!

Currently in Boone, NC, on my 4th day on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Sunny every day, temps in mid 20's. Boxster is an absolute joy. Lots of compliments (some even asking if they can take a photo) and waves from other Porsche owners, as well as MG and Alfa owners.

I will meet my co-pilot in Oklahoma on Thursday night (Friday is her birthday - I've booked a corner booth at McDonald's) then we'll head up Route 66.

Life is good. smiling smiley
Re: Roger, have you got yours installed yet?
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 21 May, 2012, at 12:55:46 pm
Don't any of you Canadians have to work confused smiley

Might have a bit to do with the form of government up there winking smiley
W*rk ???
Roger987 - Tuesday, 22 May, 2012, at 10:45:41 pm
Gary, you should realize that the 'w' word and sn*w are four-letter words. grinning smiley

'W*rk is what we do when we're not driving our Boxsters, and what we have to do so we can keep driving them..
Re: W*rk ???
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 23 May, 2012, at 10:40:03 am
I know you do, Roger, but it seems obvious that Guenter's w*rk days are long behind him cool smiley

It's a good thing Michelle has money so the G-man can pay for that 981.
Is "r*tired" a four letter word, too? *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 23 May, 2012, at 12:02:42 pm
Only for those not there yet the finger smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 23 May, 2012, at 12:10:20 pm
All too often even during it! *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 23 May, 2012, at 1:46:58 pm
Re: Is "r*tired" a four letter word, too?
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 23 May, 2012, at 4:49:17 pm
Onnly four dos dat kant kount. winking smiley
A Kant u kan kount on
Laz - Wednesday, 23 May, 2012, at 5:40:21 pm
Re: W*rk ???
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 23 May, 2012, at 4:46:40 pm
Gary in SoFL
I know you do, Roger, but it seems obvious that Guenter's w*rk days are long behind him cool smiley

It's a good thing Michelle has money so the G-man can pay for that 981.

Yup. I leave my w*rk days behind me one at a time by 7 PM these days. eye rolling smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Maybe you have time to read this:
Laz - Wednesday, 23 May, 2012, at 5:42:29 pm
I will when I r*tire.
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 23 May, 2012, at 6:53:44 pm
Have the time that is. cool smiley
Roger987
Nope, I have it, but won't be able to install it until I'm back home in 3 weeks. But I did install my Installed my new steering wheel in the hotel parking lot Friday morning, and LOVE IT !!!

Currently in Boone, NC, on my 4th day on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Sunny every day, temps in mid 20's. Boxster is an absolute joy. Lots of compliments (some even asking if they can take a photo) and waves from other Porsche owners, as well as MG and Alfa owners.

I will meet my co-pilot in Oklahoma on Thursday night (Friday is her birthday - I've booked a corner booth at McDonald's) then we'll head up Route 66.

Life is good. smiling smiley

Hope Y'all said Hi to Boone for those of us headed down that way in 9 days. hot smiley

Ah, the corner booth at McDonald's. Most be a SPECIAL birthday to rank a corner booth. Don't tell me you'll spring for the Big Mac and Up Sized side too.

Wish her a Happy Birthday for us too and get her an ice cream - our treat. I'll mail you the cheque. grinning smiley
Thanks - I bought a short-shift kit a YEAR AGO, and have yet to put it in. This will definitely get me motivated to work on it. Will have to wait until after BRBS though.

Mark
can anyone post before and after pics please? thanks guys
I know in past years, Pedro (who won't be there this yr) helped folks install the SSK. If you have someone familiar with the R&R, it shouldn't take more than an hour or so.
Indeed, bring it to BRBS *NM*
Boxsterra - Friday, 25 May, 2012, at 9:06:17 am
it shouldn't take long to R&R the console. So, bring your SSK along just in case - doesn't take much room. smiling smiley
I can say w/o a doubt the process is definitely easier/simpler in 9x6 series. There are many more hidden screws and layers involved w/ rear console removal in 9x7s than on previous generations. Neither though is overly tasking... just use the nice write up by lithium (if 9x7) or B&M one if 9x6. Take your time w/ disassembly (organizing screws/trim pieces/etc.) and don't force anything. Once all the screws/layers are out, things lift out/release easily.

Good luck and enjoy smiling smiley

PS - someone should take their OEM alignment clip just in case a used OEM SSK come w/o it.
You mean this?
Laz - Friday, 25 May, 2012, at 11:49:31 am
Gorgeous and though also from Stuttgart...
Burg Boxster - Friday, 25 May, 2012, at 1:05:23 pm
Short, Shorter, Shortest ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 25 May, 2012, at 5:47:03 pm
SHORT - SHORTER

SHORTEST
[i83.photobucket.com]

Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login