Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
The car she's wearing out....
MarcW - Tuesday, 29 May, 2012, at 6:58:03 pm
Well it could be worse.

The passenger side window has been slow to drop when the door was opened and then a few days ago was failing to drop at all when I opened the passenger door from the outside (I never tried to open it from the inside... call me lazy).

Once the door was open I could gently shove the glass down a fraction of an inch and then safely close the door -- with the glass clearing the top rail -- and once the door closed/latched the glass would rise to its correct position.

Dropped the car off this AM -- Uh, check that, I dropped the key off and the SM gets a 2 minute shuttle ride to the car (I live just 1.5 miles away) and drives the car back to the dealership for servicing.

Anyhow, the car went in the shop just after noon and I got an email from the SM the tech id'd the cause of the symptom and the verdict is the window regulator is shot. A bit over $500 for parts/labor. SM says the car will be done Thursday.

Also, it is time for an oil change. Going to drop off 9 quarts of Mobil 1 5w-50 oil Wed. (just bought 4 cases of the stuff for $195 or $8.125/quart at oil distributor around the corner from my office) and get that out of the way.

Yet another repair bill, but still the car runs very well. With the new tires I've been driving the Boxster a lot more and I'm amazed at how well the engine still feels. You know I'm still impressed by how easy this car is to drive. While it has a 5-speed with the clutch's feel and the shifter's easy yet precise movement I can get the car moving from a stop and shift up or down without thinking. The car is nimble and easy to get around in around town and yet still comfy on the road.

Oh, this SM spent some 3 days in Atlanta for the new Boxster intro/training. I didn't have time this AM to pick his brains but a quick exchange between us I learned he drove some examples while there (one day: the other days spent in training sessions/classrooms... I wonder what specifically was covered?...)

I asked him what he thought and he said: Wow!" And we both agree (him based on seeing the car in the sheet metal and me in seeing it in pics) the new Boxster looks great.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Good to hear Marc, I'm doing a test session
DougW - Wednesday, 30 May, 2012, at 4:37:57 pm
tomorrow afternoon with the new Boxster sponsored by my local dealer in SW Ontario
He said for the 991 intro the cars arrived about 2 weeks after his PCNA training.

So I kind of expect to get a look maybe even test drive of a new Boxster soon.

Oh, I asked him specifically what was covered in the training. He said history of the lineage of the Boxster back to the 550 Spyder. A Carrera GT was there too for comparison.

Also what was covered was the considerable electronics of the 911 model that is making its appearance in the new Boxster and I guess Cayman too.

Enjoy your Boxster intro and report back your impressions.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
The rep training
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Wednesday, 30 May, 2012, at 5:59:54 pm
in the past has included an amazing book covering the history, major year to year changes and theory of operation of most of the systems, especially of those that are new. Designed to be a notebook as they get talks on each area with space for note taking.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login