Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Another terrific BRBS!
Gundo - Sunday, 3 June, 2012, at 9:22:04 pm
Just back from my third ever amazing BRBS - what a terrific time.

Fantastic cars, amazing roads and great friends both new and old.

Special thanks to pur power couples of Karl and Nell and Ron and Mary, and all of the gang that made the event so special.

Cheers,
Gundo
Re: Another terrific BRBS!
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Sunday, 3 June, 2012, at 9:39:22 pm
Yes, it was terrific. It was our first, but not our last, as we have already booked our room for next year.

I will write more later, but am bushed after being on the road almost 11-hours.

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Mark from SC - Sunday, 3 June, 2012, at 10:53:05 pm
A agree - another great event. The colder weather was a surprise, but it was another successful event. Thank you Karl, Nell, Ron and Mary. Thanks for all you do to make the event a success! Missed Pedro, but his likeness did make some special appearances, and was good to see him on the video at the tech sessions!

Mark

PS. Karl, if you read this, I'm from SC, not CT! smiling smiley
Jaay - Monday, 4 June, 2012, at 10:23:22 am
It was a great time. We arrived home around 11pm last night. Mark too bad your not from CT, It's a bit closer and you could come to some gatherings/BBQs up here. We met some old friends and made some new. If you missed it this year be sure to make it next year. Thanks to all the planners. Great job!
hoppy44 - Monday, 4 June, 2012, at 11:58:33 am
Yes, such a fantastic time. Saturday's fun run will go down as one of the highlights of the past year for me... spectacular weather, perfect roads, "spirited driving," great friends. Amazing.

Alas, back to the reality of living in New York City...
- Cruise 690 miles in 12 hours
- Sit in bumper to bumper tunnel traffic for 1 hour for the final 1 mile (ironically pulling up right behind Jaay in the EZ pass line)

Kudos to all that made the event happen.

Jim Hopkinson in NYC
And Dave - put that 101 Boxster projects book to work!
Karl from So. Carolina - Tuesday, 5 June, 2012, at 8:38:43 am
Mark from SC

PS. Karl, if you read this, I'm from SC, not CT! smiling smiley

Mark, it was all that heat from the blazin' fire in the lobby that caused that momentary lapse of consciousness! Still, Connecticut is a nice state if you ever want to move there. smiling smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 4 June, 2012, at 12:04:51 pm
I'll echo what others have said. Karl & Nell and Ron & Mary. I don't know how you do it. Every time (this was our 6th's), we think "Wow! How can you top this one" Then the next year, somehow, you manage to make it even better. Lot's of great goodies and activities, fantastic area with terrific Boxster Roads and incredible scenery.

....and they even managed to teleport or beam Pedro up for the event despite his injuries. Sheesh - he sure got around. He must have been totally worn out by Saturday night. In fact, I know that Gary was getting kind of jealous.

Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Monday, 4 June, 2012, at 9:14:39 pm
Fantastic event! Kudos to Karl, Ron, Nell and Mary - and the many others who helped make this event such a huge success! The only thing that could have made it better is the presence of Pedro in person.

BTW, Pedro, the deputy at the jail in Burnsville was hot for you! Better check that out next year!

Cheers!

mike
Karl from So. Carolina - Tuesday, 5 June, 2012, at 8:42:06 am
Thanks for all the kind words, guys. Truth is, we just throw the party; each and every one of you are what make the event so special.
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 5 June, 2012, at 11:31:50 am
Someday you're gonna have to hand over the duties to "younger guys" winking smiley, not work so hard, just relax and enjoy the event, Karl and Ron. Of course you guys closed the bar, in the wee hours, several nights. smileys with beer

Excellent event....as always. Sorry I screwed up the WX. the finger smiley
Al in Melbourne Beach - Tuesday, 5 June, 2012, at 9:01:10 am
Thanks to Karl, Nell, Ron, Mary, Bryson, Kathy, and all others who made this the best yet. Reserved for next year and already looking forward to it. Had a nice drive up the parkway to the house and looking forward to a relaxing week in the mountains before heading back to 96 degree Florida on Sunday. Hope to see everyone again next year.
Sunday night. A 981 S Press car. Both Juliette and I got to give it a good test drive. I will make a separate post on it later.

Thanks you Karl, Ron, Nell and Mary. You guys continue to amaze in the ability to create memorable experiences year after year. You had your challenges this year for sure but once again some last-second tweeks and it all worked beautifully! Lots of rain for us on the trip down and a run-in with gators on the trip home. Both Claro (our new King) and I got bit. Thankfully the rest of the convoy came out unscathed. We took 81 from Bristol and as usual is was the typical challenge.

Juliette and I have reserved for next year and we will be 10yrs running.
Wow...if those house guests can set that up again, Rey, I've got a nice place down here in Ft. Lauderdale for them grinning smiley

Great spending time with you and Juliette, we'll be in the room next to you again next year, and those road gators are getting worse all over. Hope it wasn't a serious nip.

Cheers smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login