Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
The Truth About Cars review
Laz - Thursday, 7 June, 2012, at 6:35:37 pm
Never cared for the publication's arrogant title, but not a bad article:

[www.thetruthaboutcars.com]

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2012 06:37PM by Laz. (view changes)
Thanks for the link Laz this was the same promotion that
DougW - Thursday, 7 June, 2012, at 10:57:08 pm
I attended. The author is right, using the launch control the acceleration is incredible.
DougW
I attended. The author is right, using the launch control the acceleration is incredible.

.....and you know what using that launch control on a public road will get you here in Ontario. eye popping smiley

I know it's a great conversion piece, but when I hear what's going on with it in use, I cringe. I know the F1 drivers use it, but they're not paying for the transmissions and they only need to make them last for part of a season. That's where a tenth of a second can make the difference of several places on the grid.
Your right Guenter its fun on a test
DougW - Friday, 8 June, 2012, at 7:17:59 am
car but wouldn't want to put my own through the launch control routine very often
One reason PDK/Sports Chrono wasn't part of my order
Laz - Friday, 8 June, 2012, at 10:23:55 am
It seems to me Launch Control is mostly a whiz-bang feature for drag racing a knucklehead in the adjacent lane who's got more testosterone than brains. Many years ago I went sailing with a friend on a beautiful old racing sloop. When someone on another sloop made indications about racing us, a deckhand on our boat enthusiastically said, "C'mon, let's race 'em!" Our boat's owner, an accomplished man, calmly replied, "I don't have to compete." That remark has never been forgotten. Besides, if I were to use LC often enough, I'd be worrying that after x number of "whizzes," there'd be a "bang." The acceleration I need is covered by the manual (and yes, the PDK) transmission, which is to get through a curved highway entrance ramp and seamlessly blend into at-speed traffic. Also the ability to pass other vehicles at will while underway.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
You nailed it Laz *NM*
DougW - Friday, 8 June, 2012, at 12:41:46 pm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login