Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
981- right intrument binnacle
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Saturday, 16 June, 2012, at 3:33:55 pm
I had been curious what you could display when you are not displaying the nav here. Here is a picture on another board that shows (in Swedish) some of the info you can display. Apparently, it is programmable so you can display whatever readings are important to you. Quite a bit more info than you can get with a 987.
[www.6speedonline.com]

Cheers,

mike

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
The sales brochure has a shot with the ventilation fan speeds (in German.) Doesn't the right dial show coolant temperature in the 986s-7s?
I'm interested to see what the jack points are for a car that's not supplied with a jack. I intend to get (assuming it mates properly somewhere) a Porsche jack and the wheel mounting bar.
Ok, back to Lee Manz, and Clos La Coutale Cahors.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2012 06:27PM by Laz. (view changes)
Laz
The sales brochure has a shot with the ventilation fan speeds (in German.) Doesn't the right dial show coolant temperature in the 986s-7s?
I'm interested to see what the jack points are for a car that's not supplied with a jack. I intend to get (assuming it mates properly somewhere) a Porsche jack and the wheel mounting bar.
Ok, back to Lee Manz, and Clos La Coutale Cahors.

You're right about the right dial. (better than being wrong about the left dial.)

It shows fuel level and coolant temp in the 986, 987. It looks like the reading the the pic shows coolant and oil temp as well as oil pressure in addition to the fuel level and remaining range. Nice to have the additional info. Only thing is there's a LOT of information in that little space, but you probably get know in which section to look for whichever info you're looking for.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2012 08:28PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
I just wish they would get rid of that useless speedometer on the left side and replace it with something like temp, oil pressure and battery. Then you could display less important gauges on the right.
mike

Lawdevil
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Finally, digital readouts rather than idiot lights. I'm guessing the coolant temp will actually show a number higher than 190 F.--right? smiling smiley
Lawdevil
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2012 11:04AM by Lawdevil. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login