Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
So We Were Our For a Drive Today
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Wednesday, 20 June, 2012, at 5:55:46 pm
and decided to take our Porsche Puppy, Casey.

We had the top down and the thermometer climbed from 90-95F before we got to our destination. Casey started complaining, so we were forced to put the top up and crank-up the AC. Even that wasn't enough, so we had to stop at a Petco and get him and his 4-brothers and sisters some doggie treats in compensation.

Anyway, on the way home, we got behind an MG with its top down, and I noticed that the driver had a clip on his hat. Am guessing it was to keep his hat on during spirited driving. Has anyone seen this before?

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
a little zapper controlled by his co-pilot so she wouldn't have to keep nattering at him to "Slow down, dear".
Could be part of this:
Laz - Thursday, 21 June, 2012, at 9:20:15 pm
Re: So We Were Our For a Drive Today
jwdbox - Wednesday, 20 June, 2012, at 6:23:36 pm
I saw them a few years ago. It seems like it was popular for a while and then disappeared. It kinda makes sense though I have had my Porsche cap on in SilverBox with the top down at speeds (that mightwinking smileywinking smiley) well (have been) beyond the legal limits with no issues. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2012 06:24PM by jwdbox. (view changes)
Leor ('09S, North of Boston) - Wednesday, 20 June, 2012, at 10:33:46 pm
At the U.S. Open a few years back (tennis in NY, not that other, boring U.S. Open...) I picked up a logo hat with nice tight elastic around the brim. That hat will never blow off, no matter how fast I'm going with the top down...
Aerodynamics have improved dramatically
Bobtesa - Thursday, 21 June, 2012, at 7:23:35 am
Like many improvements in cars, there have been improvements in aerodynamics. I do tighten my hat a little for highway driving (most baseball style caps are adjustable), but I don't find the wind in my Boxster anything like the small hurricanes in my TR4. I imagine the guy in the MG may actually need something to secure his hat at even reasonable speeds.

Related to this topic: I don't use my windscreen or the plastic roll bar inserts. I don't detect any difference in turbulence with or without them. Maybe they are more useful at speeds we can't legally drive in the U.S., but cruising at even 70-80 I don't find an improvement. Maybe others do. In any event, I prefer a bit of air buffeting. It's part of the ambiance of top down driving.

1999 Arctic Sivler/black/black (sold)
2008s Silver/black/black - so predictable
2011 Outback
8/24/2011 first Grandson
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
...but I think I may have found the scene you're referring to ("There's something on your hat...")
Yes, that scene; different quote. Check for a PM. *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 21 June, 2012, at 5:23:43 pm
Oh, that's what he said... I thought it was something considerably more vulgar when I heard it smiling smiley
hat tether..
Cris - Thursday, 21 June, 2012, at 8:37:17 pm
http://totallyabsurd.com/hattether.htm

I've seen those with boaters... to keep their hats from going to the fishes.
JerryW - Monday, 25 June, 2012, at 4:05:49 pm
Very commonly used by we sailboaters. If there is a West Marine store in your area they will have them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login