Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
981 Reviews - a bunch of them
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Wednesday, 20 June, 2012, at 11:07:54 pm
For those interested (Laz?), here are some posts on another site which gather a bunch of the 981 video reviews.
[www.6speedonline.com]

mike

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
On the other hand, a few of them just seem to do a read-through of Porsche's marketing script, not that it's not factual,* but the reviewers haven't contributed anything novel to the "knowledge base."
Stylistically, it really irks me to have to listen to a video's producer's idea of what musical accompaniment goes with the car. Usually there's no imagination there, and it's some coked-up club music electronica bs.** On top of that, most any "music" drowns out what should be informative sounds from the car's engine while it's being driven. At least the Getawayer guy uses something that's not a cliché. And that Emme what's-her-name, while making some interesting comments, has a touch of that annoying chick-hipster "vocal fry." Apparently she needs more practice to get it right.

Don't get me wrong, Lawdevil: let me restate that it's a good video collection. What is going to be really interesting is when the automotive press/digital entities do comprehensive reviews, away from the Porsche handlers.

* Some information conflates specs for the S with the base model, or present optional features without differentiating them from standard ones.
** Bonus, non-germane rant: I've gotten very tired of all the ads and movies that use some variant of Orff's Carmina Burana. Are corn chips that existentially apocalyptic?

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login