Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
After getting some sticky tires and having the car tuned properly with the 3.4, had an absolute blast at the track last week.

However, when I pulled the tires to change the brake pads back to streets, I noticed that the insides of the tires were hardly worn at all (enough that the wheel leans). I have camber maxed out with the US M030 suspension on the car, but it's obvious I need more.

It seems like the best answer is to install GT3 lower control arms. Anyone have experience with that, especially with the US M030 suspension? Might also be a good time to upgrade to the ROW M030.

Thoughts? Experiences?
I have no experience on the Boxster with either but I believe the latter is both cheaper upfront and isn't a normal wear part so it's not a recurring cost.
I'm interested in the same thing. But i don't necessarily want to have lots of static negative camber for the street, since it reduces feel and the contact patch under normal street loads. and increases wear on the inside.

Another approach is to increase caster. This dials in negative camber only as the wheel is turned - dynamically. I understand this too is feasible, but i have not yet dug into it.

Camber plates are supposedly the simplest solution.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login