Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
It's Bug-Guts Season and
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Monday, 25 June, 2012, at 12:12:48 pm
although and although I wash the car once a week, my daily driving causes it to collect an assortment of insect intestines and other nasties.

The only thing I currently have on my care care cart is Invisible Glass. I tried it a few minutes ago and it seems to work well when used on the windshield, lights, clear bra, and paint. Am wondering if my fellow Boxsterers have a favorite spray they use to clean the car between washings?

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Re: It's Bug-Guts Season and
Ruby - Monday, 25 June, 2012, at 11:05:37 pm
Stoner Invisible glass is good not does not contain ammonia that streaks but is just for glass. For bugs I use Diamondite Bug Eraser (keep in my trunk with Invisible glass) and for in between Meguiers Ultimate Quik Detailer. As long as the car is not to dirty works fine and will not scratch but use only with microfiber cloths.
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 26 June, 2012, at 8:58:07 am
I think keeping a good coat of a good wax on the car (my favourite is P21S) keeps the bug guts from getting into the pores of the paint. Then all I need is a sponge and clean warm water and the bugs just wash right off as long as you don't let them get baked into the paint for a few hot sunny days.
A Bug Story
Laz - Tuesday, 26 June, 2012, at 11:14:08 am
Back in '74 my friend and I were driving cross country. Somewhere out west while we were doing about 75 in his Volvo B18 (nearly top speed!) a hornet or something went splat against the top of the windshield. Then it started to crawl downward against the airflow, leaving a trail of, well, entrails. The SOB was headed for a broken screen on the windshield intake vent, spooking us, so we hurriedly pulled off to the shoulder, got out and finished it off. As my friend smacked it with a rolled up map, he said in a Boris Karloff voice, "Whot? Not dead yet?" That was one tough bug!

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Bug story
goldened - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 10:53:34 pm
Laz I love the bug story and your 981.
And see that: paper maps are still good for something. You're not going to smash your Garmin against a bug!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2012 11:58AM by Laz. (view changes)
jpv42 - Friday, 29 June, 2012, at 5:53:26 pm
Griot's garage now has something they call bug barricade.
BillM - Tuesday, 3 July, 2012, at 11:15:18 am
It's been a long time ago.....but I remember in the early 70's a bunch of the 911 owners were using Pam, a non-stick cooking spray, on their front spoilers to keep the bugs from sticking. I never tried it but they swore by it.
BiiM
It still does.... thumbs up *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 3 July, 2012, at 11:23:22 am
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
The ultimate bug swatter:
Laz - Tuesday, 3 July, 2012, at 1:00:47 pm
Old Blood and Guts
[listverse.files.wordpress.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login