Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Ok, just one for now:
Laz - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 12:39:25 am

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Beautiful! smiling bouncing smiley *NM*
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 2:07:03 am
Forever. At least it seems that way *NM*
TheFarmer - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 7:37:04 am
My case may be peculiar in that my car was processed pre-on sale date, and seemed to have been held at the Davisville, RI PDI longer than "normal." Perhaps it'll all go a bit quicker now. As it is, delivery for me is the on-sale date, meaning tomorrow, the 28th. I'm having 3M applied to the bumper/nose, full front hood, and headlights. I've got mixed feelings about covering the lights insofar as some loss of light output, a shift in the refractive index, and heat retention. The up side is somewhat better protection from damage, and it will prolong the surface quality of the lights in that the 3M can be removed a few years from now to expose fresh surfaces. I hesitated about having the treatment done at first, then I recalled how stone chips started to make me crazy with the old car. There's a lower VIN car at the dealer, and I told them to practice on that one first, as the 3M patterns will be new.

Hope mine does not sit in port for a month!
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 10:39:01 am
I just saw on another board where a guy with a June 14 build date is taking delivery this weekend.
I think the process will move more quickly now.
Laz - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 12:55:06 pm
The port may've been holding inventory so as not to crowd the dealers while they couldn't deliver cars to customers.

Striking thumbs upthumbs up *NM*
jwdbox - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 8:00:37 am
Laz, it's stunning! *NM*
Roger987 - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 8:17:45 am
Tease smiling smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 8:23:41 am
Like I said before. It's a rich looking colour, with quite a range of shades from the nose to the side scoops in that light.

So you pick it up in about 2880 minutes? smiling bouncing smiley
At this point, more like 1800!
Laz - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 9:32:33 am
Also, the original cell phone shot had a tremendous blue cast, so I futzed around a bit in Photoshop. Only after it was posted did I notice a vignetted slightly reddish cast near the center of the image, but didn't want to get completely involved in fixing a dodgy cell phone photo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2012 09:37AM by Laz. (view changes)
Re: At this point, more like 1800!
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 9:43:02 am
I figured that once I read your post about picking it up tomorrow.

I think you're right on about getting the full hood 3M'd. I had just the bumper done and am amazed how it still looks brand new. I have a licence protector (the second one already) on the front and it has all kinds if cracks and chips. Not a mark on the bumper.

I thought about having the front part of the hood done but didn't like the line it left. After 59 K miles, most of which are highway, I've picked up a number of hood chips with most of the worst ones at the top half of the hood, so the partial one wouldn't have been much benefit.

One more sleep. smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2012 09:43AM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
thumbs upthumbs up *NM*
Ed fromTampa ( formerly Long Island) - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 9:25:24 am
Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
Beautiful...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 9:26:07 am
... That color would also look very nice with a cocoa-brown top.
Enjoy it!
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks.
Laz - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 9:29:55 am
Yeah, I thought about the brown top, but then I'd need the full leather espresso (or whatever they call it) interior, and I wasn't going to go for that expense. I've seen a bespoke metallic gray bicycle with brown sidewall tires that looks great.

Hey, thanks all for the compliments! *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 9:30:26 am
Wow........
MikenOH - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 9:48:39 am
What a great looking car!
Stunningly gorgeous - congrats! smileys with beer *NM*
Burg Boxster - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 11:17:27 am
Re: Ok, just one for now:
silverbox03 - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 11:19:45 am
Gorgeous !
Re: Ok, just one for now:
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 11:33:03 am
I really like the blue top and think it looks much better than brown. The windshield and roof reminds me of newer Aston Martins.

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
But not bad.... winking smiley Now is that Agate Gray, Seal Gray, or Agate Silver???

Can't wait to compare your beauty alongside Lawdevil's. You two have 'it' as bad as many of us did in 1997 smileys with beer

Remember to keep it under 4,000 RPM for the first 1,600 miles.....if you can.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Gary in SoFL
Can't wait to compare your beauty alongside Lawdevil's. You two have 'it' as bad as many of us did in 1997 smileys with beer

Love that color combo on Laz's car! It is spectacular. Mine will be a little more monochrome with an Agate Grey leather interior - but I plan to highlight it a little with some red. Perhaps, a red"S" emblem below the side intake, red lettering on floor mats and a red bezel on the chrono clock. Nothing extreme. As Laz pointed out to me, "less is more". Any ideas?

Only twp days until my baby is "born" - then the long wait for "delivery". Wonder how much airfreight would cost? winking smiley

You are right - I really have "it".

Cheers!

mike
How about joining some very exclusive company with a:

Sure to confuse just about everyone smoking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Un"enhanced"
Laz - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 4:20:48 pm

I realized this morning that I missed getting some yellow and red into the hood badge, and that reddish vignette is bothersome.
This was a quickie midnight special.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2012 04:21PM by Laz. (view changes)
...and what happened to the center caps in your second picture?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2012 02:14PM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
cross that they had set up, compared to my
03 box s

the rest of the road show was fun, panamera gts , 991 991S and i think a 4s, did lead follow etc. then did either panamera regualar and hybrid or the cayenne s and hybrid. no noticeable difference between those two

i was more impressed with the cadillac cts v that i drove in monticello about 3 weeks ago. it was a lot of track time , it is such a beast that i had to get ou8t of the car after 4 sessions in a row of power acceleration to around 100mph and then power stops first in straight line then in turn, then into a cone segment. had a bananna for breakfast won't do that again.
NICE. Congratulations. *NM*
boxsterd - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 4:47:02 pm
I don't cause a reflection. Mwahahaaa! *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 10:27:16 pm
Really nice Laz great color combination! *NM*
DougW - Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, at 10:21:13 pm
My 2001 with Seal Grey/Metro:
Laz - Thursday, 28 June, 2012, at 11:48:21 am
[i44.tinypic.com]

Tires?
Jim 'n' SC - Thursday, 28 June, 2012, at 10:02:28 am
I am getting the same wheels as yours and was wondering what brand of tires came on your car?
I can post a confirmation this evening.

manager about this and he told me that was his info, too. IIRC he told me Goodyear already had tires for the Cayenne.

A few months back, when the Boxster needed new tires, I tried to order Goodyears but they were not available, maybe it was the fact my car uses 17" tires?

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login