Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
It's home and it is Magnificent. *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 28 June, 2012, at 9:33:05 pm
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
We want proof. winking smiley *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 28 June, 2012, at 9:34:33 pm
no, we want rides :-) *NM*
grant - Thursday, 28 June, 2012, at 10:00:45 pm
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
1999 Arctic Sivler/black/black (sold)
2008s Silver/black/black - so predictable
2011 Outback
8/24/2011 first Grandson
And being a "chick" car, there are quite a few chicks all over the place who want to see it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2012 07:35AM by Laz. (view changes)
Laz
And being a "chick" car, there are quite a few chicks all over the place who want to see it.

...hmmmm sounds more like a chick magnet than a chick car then.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
So Laz, what are you using to wash all that blue dye off your butt?

Don't believe G-man, it's 2,000 kilometers not 2,000 miles, before you should totally cut loose over 4,000 RPM.

We beat this to death a few years ago, and that was the expert opinion. Gee, don't they have the metric system in Canada grinning smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Gary in SoFL

Don't believe G-man, it's 2,000 kilometers not 2,000 miles, before you should totally cut loose over 4,000 RPM.

We beat this to death a few years ago, and that was the expert opinion. Gee, don't they have the metric system in Canada grinning smiley

We actually are pretty good at both - metric and the old English, south-of-the-border system. winking smiley

What der Manual says about breakin:

Break in hints for the first
2,000 miles/3,000 kilometers

The following tips will be helpful in obtaining optimum performance from your new Porsche.

Despite the most modern, high-precision manufacturing methods, the moving parts must still wear in with each other. This wearing-in occurs mainly in the first 2,000 miles/3,000 kilometers.

Therefore:

- Preferably take longer trips.
- Avoid frequent cold starts with short-distance driving whenever possible.
- Avoid full throttle starts and abrupt stops.
- Do not exceed maximum engine speed of 4,200 rpm (revolutions per minute).
- Do not run a cold engine at high rpm either in Neutral or in gear.
- Do not let the engine labor, especially when driving uphill. Shift to the next lower gear in time (use the most favorable rpm range).
- Never lug the engine in high gear at low speeds. This rule applies at times, not just the breakin period
Just to be safe, why don't you just hold out until 5,000 kilometers winking smiley

IIRC, the story was that in translating from German to English, something got vermasselt.

Maybe Porsche/Germany is still trying to zing Americans for WW II winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
That's a long time to wait. Why not 1,000 miles?

As I said...... *NM*
Laz - Friday, 29 June, 2012, at 3:36:03 pm
Every 2000 miles that fall on Groundhog Day. *NM*
Laz - Saturday, 30 June, 2012, at 1:34:08 pm
Re: It's home and it is Magnificent.
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Thursday, 28 June, 2012, at 10:24:22 pm
After you come down a bit, can you tell what sort of engine access there is in the 981? Hopefullly you won't need it for a long time - but I am curious.

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Not sure yet. Didn't think to ask while I was at the dealer.
Laz - Thursday, 28 June, 2012, at 10:58:14 pm
Now here's something: I think the steering, at speed on the interstate, felt better, yes, better ladies and gentleman, than the old Boxster's. No wiggly little things requiring constant corrections. This is exactly what I want in a long distance cruiser. The feel and weighting in turns feels identical to maybe a tad heavier than the hydraulic. Ok, I've only driven the thing for about an hour, but the steering certainly isn't disappointing. The Sport button noticeably changes the throttle response and the exhaust note sounds more snarfling aggressive.
Good night, gotta go set up the cot in the garage.

It's a Platonic relationship. *NM*
Laz - Friday, 29 June, 2012, at 7:32:03 am
You (and Porsche) are killing me!
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Friday, 29 June, 2012, at 3:31:41 pm
Just got word from my salesman that the completion date has been moved to July 3! angry smiley

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Courage, my friend! It's just around the corner! *NM*
Laz - Friday, 29 June, 2012, at 3:36:43 pm
Just be certain the keep it under 4,000 RPM for 'awhile', and change the oil at 1,000 miles. grinning smiley

Hey Mike, production probably slowed after
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 29 June, 2012, at 4:44:54 pm
the production crew enjoyed a traditional German lunch.

Re: Hey Mike, production probably slowed after
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 29 June, 2012, at 5:36:32 pm
Your best photo post EVER, G-man, even if those are Italian girls drinking smiley

I'm thinking Liebfraumilch, not beer. *NM*
Laz - Saturday, 30 June, 2012, at 1:34:43 pm
smiling smiley *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 30 June, 2012, at 9:55:38 pm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login