Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
More more observations
Laz - Tuesday, 3 July, 2012, at 11:04:14 am
The car is easier to clean (and eventually wax) because there's less painted overhang past each axle. The 19" wheels are easier than the original Boxster or Boxster S "florets" in that there's more room to reach through the spokes, and the spokes themselves have flat backs, so one doesn't have to force a sponge into concavities. However, it might almost be worth getting ceramic brakes, because of not having to spend all the man hours cleaning the rust that pours out of the iron discs.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2012 11:05AM by Laz. (view changes)
Question on PASM/PSM
MikenOH - Tuesday, 3 July, 2012, at 12:29:16 pm
Since you've got PASM, your suspension will be stiffer when in sport mode. Does your PSM intervention level change at all when in Sport mode or do you you also have to get the Sport chrono option to get that capability?

I ask since we've got Sport Chrono on our 06 and when combined with PASM, you get less intrusive PSM --higher levels of slip before the electronic nanny reels you in, but PSM is still there. It's a nice to have an option of either turning off PSM completely or having it all in--which is pretty intrusive.

Having said that, at $1800, the sport chrono is pricey for that one feature I'd like; not sure if the dynamic tranny mounts/stopwatch are needed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2012 12:58PM by MikenOH. (view changes)
Re: Question on PASM/PSM
Laz - Tuesday, 3 July, 2012, at 12:56:00 pm
According to the owner's manual, PSM doesn't change (partially or otherwise) with PASM set to Sport. The manual uses a bit of Germenglish as to how the settings work, but some time ago I saw a graph showing how the two settings have some overlap. Furthermore, there is a "continuum" within each setting, hence it being "adaptive."

Thanks for my 981 fix, Laz!
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Tuesday, 3 July, 2012, at 12:37:40 pm
My car was supposed to be completed today. If so, my guess is that it is sitting in a parking area right now waiting for transport to the ship! smileys with beer

Sure would be great if they had a web cam on the line so you could try to spot your car going through!

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Best you can do is insist on updates from the dealer.
Laz - Tuesday, 3 July, 2012, at 12:58:08 pm
Also, for when it's put on a ship, ask for the name and track it with this:

[www.marinetraffic.com]

Re: Thanks for my 981 fix, Laz!
db997S - Tuesday, 3 July, 2012, at 1:33:01 pm
Good. A Tuesday build, no July 4 holiday over there, should hopefully mean that the workers were feeling good and had their minds on the build, not hung over (Monday builds) or holiday cooking/drinking.

Should only be a couple more weeks, then.
Re: More more observations
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 3 July, 2012, at 1:30:12 pm
Laz
The car is easier to clean (and eventually wax) because there's less painted overhang past each axle. The 19" wheels are easier than the original Boxster or Boxster S "florets" in that there's more room to reach through the spokes, and the spokes themselves have flat backs, so one doesn't have to force a sponge into concavities. However, it might almost be worth getting ceramic brakes, because of not having to spend all the man hours cleaning the rust that pours out of the iron discs.

If you have less to clean before and after the axles, with the increased wheel base, don't you have more to clean between the axles? winking smiley

I always like a nice open wheel design for the very reason that it's easier to get in and clean behind the spokes.
Wheel cleaning, it's not just me
Bobtesa - Tuesday, 3 July, 2012, at 5:32:36 pm
My 08 RS60, on the lot, came standard with the multi-spoke wheels. Although very nice looking, I couldn't fit my hand through the spokes for cleaning, so I asked if they would switch them out for the standard 19" BoxsterS wheels. No problem, switch with another car on the lot. Probably a few bucks for them, but cleaning is easy. I still remove the wheels every 3-4 months for full scale cleaning of the wheels and wells. I agree about liking that the spokes don't have the inside concavity that requires some hand contortions for cleaning when the wheel is on.

1999 Arctic Sivler/black/black (sold)
2008s Silver/black/black - so predictable
2011 Outback
8/24/2011 first Grandson
Re: Wheel cleaning, it's not just me
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 3 July, 2012, at 6:05:15 pm
You guys need help grinning smiley

winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
What's the torque spec for your 19s? *NM*
Laz - Tuesday, 3 July, 2012, at 6:48:49 pm
Thanks, Bt. *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 4 July, 2012, at 8:04:29 pm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login