Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
...just didn't want to get all teary eyed over the invite. grinning smiley

Who knows, he might even have one in your colour in by then.
the market for ... I can't say it... I can't say it... for a, a Cayenne.

Oh the humanity!

Seriously, my parents are taking an apartment near me and I need a car I can carry them both in comfortably.

Neither of my parents can drive anymore.

Of course neither of my current cars can carry them both and in fact even at one at time it is a real struggle for either one to get in or out of the car.

It pains me nearly as much as it does them to see them do it. So I don't use those cars anymore to carry them, even separately.

I've been using my sister's new Infiniti EX35 for ferrying my parents around, but I can't rely upon having that car to to use forever. At some point my dear sister will leave the hospital and want her car back. Wait until she sees the miles I've added... Oh, boy! After she gets through with me I'll need hospitalization, or a discount undertaker. Gulp!

Sincerely,

MarcW.
From a 911 to a ... truck???
Roger987 - Friday, 6 July, 2012, at 5:38:34 pm
If moving people is what you need to do, consider Bob D's post below.
Seriously, Marc
Roger987 - Saturday, 7 July, 2012, at 12:18:34 pm
If you're thinking of a car that will accomodate your folks, the BMW 5 GT is said to have one of the best backseats in the business. And because it's a bit higher than a normal sedan, ingress and egress is much easier.

Yes, to some, the body shape takes a bit of getting used to (not unlike the Panamera), but the 5 GT it might suit your needs very well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2012 12:22PM by Roger987. (view changes)
Why not a Panamera? *NM*
boxsterd - Monday, 9 July, 2012, at 11:48:08 am
Re: Why not a Panamera?
Roger987 - Monday, 9 July, 2012, at 1:19:01 pm
Thought of that, but given Marc's reason to change, the 5 GT has easier ingress and egress, roomier back seat, higher back seat (older folks welcome that), and is a whole lot less expensive.

And, like the Panamera, it's quick and handles well
that they (mom especially) can just turn a 180 at the and sit down into the seat and pick up her legs and get in. A Panamera is too low.

A Cayenne might work. A tech has one and he tells me the air lift feature which can raise/lower the car some is a blessing.

But I think I'm past buying a Cayenne. I think dad will buy a used car (Crown Vic; what else?) or lease a new car: '12 Focus or Fusion.

I keep my two Porsches. My sister gets her car back ... albeit with several thousand more miles on it than it had 3 weeks ago -- I hope the pain meds have dulled her memory of the car's odometer reading.

And mom and dad have some car handy for me to use to drive them around in.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
drinks, quality food and cigars hand rolled on site. There was a big turn out. I enjoyed it. I passed the cigars to a smoker friend of mine.

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login