Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I sometimes hear a clunk sound from rear when changing directions a low speeds, like pulling off from stop sign and turning at same time or quickly changing directions in parking lot, and sometimes at moderate speeds if direction and speed change quickly going through intersection. I also hear rattles from rear over bumps. I assume this is motor or transmission mounts. I recently replaced shocks, top hats and tie rods and had dealer align and double check torque on all suspension attachment nuts and bolts. No cracks or degradation of rubber bushings on control arms or wishbones. No oil on garage floor at all, so assume transmission mounts, the canisters with oil, aren't leaking. When the weather cools, will put on jack stands and pull off the three mounts and brackets to check. Mounts and brackets not sold separately for tiptronic. Does anyone know why or if 993 transmission mounts will work on tiptronic as they are reported for manuals. Or what else could it be? The car is 2001 base Boxster with tiptronic transmission with 94K miles I bought with 32K six years ago. Daily driver, never auto crossed or driven hard. Your input is appreciated.

Unrelated point of interest. No RMS issues. (unless fixed before 32K) I cut open oil filter every 3K and check for particles. If anyone knows where I should send oil sample for testing, please post.
It's probay...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Sunday, 8 July, 2012, at 2:59:30 pm
... the front engine mount, not the tranny mounts.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: It's probay...
Krbintn - Sunday, 8 July, 2012, at 7:20:11 pm
Thank you. Much simpler and less costly to replace.
I use Blackstone Labs
bar10dah - Monday, 9 July, 2012, at 6:58:07 pm
Krbintn
If anyone knows where I should send oil sample for testing, please post.

But any reputable place can do it.

www.blackstone-labs.net/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login