Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Porsche oil sump test rig video
Laz - Wednesday, 11 July, 2012, at 11:46:09 pm
[www.youtube.com]

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
immovable object, or Laz has been working on this routine.

[www.youtube.com]
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Not 'til break-in for that stuff!
Laz - Thursday, 12 July, 2012, at 11:29:58 am
The break-in is 2000 miles, and it's got a little over a thousand to go.
Lots of what I've intitially reported holds true.
Getting used to the back view but still don't like the mesh. Have yet to drive top up.
Just have to accept the so-called e-brake is in the location of a foot actuated (push for on) device, but is operated by hand, and that's ergonomically backwards. Also, it's slower than a quick pull on the traditional lever. Furthermore, I think one always has to have one's foot on the brake pedal to activate it, with no exceptions, which is really dumb to have to deal with that in an emergency situation.
The Sport button also makes the already aggressive sounding standard exhaust sound more rorty-spitting-howling... and I've yet to get over 5000 rpm! The car idles a bit faster with it on, but the engine runs less smoothly. Overall, this motor feels more radically lifted and timed than the old 2.7.
PTV integrates beautifully with the locking differential, and it makes the car feel 500 pounds lighter. Very nimble.
AND-- insensitive clod that I am, I have no complaints about the steering. Along with the increased wheelbase, track, tire rolling diameter, less lift, this car straightline tracks like a well-fletched arrow. (You know: aerodynamic center of pressure well back from the center of mass, thus self-correcting in a cross-wind... rocket fins... whoops, I digress!)
Gotta jet, fellas (and gals?) There's a pack of chewing gum I want to get about 60 miles from here.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2012 11:38AM by Laz. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login