Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Pictures maybe tomorrow.
Laz - Sunday, 15 July, 2012, at 3:37:49 pm
Since I'm making a last stand with a film camera, there's been an obvious delay. Scary thing is: one Walgreen's sends out the film, and the remote processor destroys the negatives! How f---ing stupid-crazy is that? Those are the first generation archival materials. Digital? Yeah, remember optical and Jaz drives? And when the res becomes something astronomical is the future, the present standards are going to be considered pretty miserable. Phooey!
Not wanting to wait further by sending the stuff out to a pro lab like Modernage in Manhattan, I brought the rolls to another Walgreen's that does the processing right there... and they even change the chemistry---- once a month! Anyway, color rendition is off, so I've got some Photoshop work to do, especially considering the subtlety of Agate, and the differentiation between the top (sorta Metro) and interior Yachting Blue.
Bear with me, folks: you know I'm spending a lot of time actually driving the car, and've washed it five times in two weeks.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 03:42PM by Laz. (view changes)
Re: Pictures maybe tomorrow.
jwdbox - Sunday, 15 July, 2012, at 7:48:05 pm
Laz, you might want to check with a couple of the other pro-film developing labs [I don't know where you are- other than not where indicated on the map grinning smiley ]. I have used both a local one in Las Vegas and one I think was in Colorado. I always shoot a gray scale as part of my negatives and they have color matched pretty darn well. A nice positive was the inclusion of a disc with digital copies as well as the negatives (as uncut per my preference) so you end up with the best of both worlds. cool smiley
Thanks. *NM*
Laz - Monday, 16 July, 2012, at 8:48:32 am
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Yeah, sure.....
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 16 July, 2012, at 11:34:21 am
Just another excuse to Photoshop your pictures in some feable attemt to make agate not look just like seal gray. BTW, you did get blue seat belts, didn't you?

jwdbox has a good point, mystery man. Where do you live? All we know is it's 400 miles from Guenther.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login