Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Friday Scan Day (On Saturday)
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Saturday, 21 July, 2012, at 1:00:12 pm
I was out for a drive today and passed two Boxster S's that I had never seen before. The first was a newer, dark green one. The second is the one pictured below, taken with my iPhone.

Although the pic doesn't do it justice, it is an older, de-badged one in great shape. Along the side at the bottom is a flat black "Boxster S" racing stripe. And if you look closely, there are two, flat black racing stripes down the trunk; am assuming they run down the frunk also. Although I am not a fan of black, this car looked pretty sharp setup as it is. Reminded me of the Batmobile. grinning smiley

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Re: Friday Scan Day (On Saturday)
mcomet_CA - Saturday, 21 July, 2012, at 5:30:45 pm
Very cool. On my way to work yesterday I had a white boxster going in..and way home a black boxster heading back..hehe. White was debadged looked nice. I like badging personally but still was nice. This board is fun to read with so many east coasters ... I am from Cleveland area originally now in CA ... Don't miss the snow tho! Lived downstate ny for a while too. Porsches out here in CA are very common...
SRG - Saturday, 21 July, 2012, at 6:39:04 pm
I think the black w/ flat black graphics is a factory "design edtion" car. There was a similar Cayman at our last autocross.
986rgt - Saturday, 21 July, 2012, at 7:15:44 pm
The design edition cars were 987's and caymans, this car looks like a blacked out 986. I almost traded in my 99 one time for a cayman design edition S, then I realized the price, and what I would get for my beloved 99. I decided a 40k something depreciation hit on my 99 was not worth it! Great looking cars though, very subtle.

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login