Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Test drove 981 yesterday!
Jim 'n' SC - Friday, 27 July, 2012, at 1:53:24 pm
Got a chance to test drive a car very similar to the one I have on order...base with 6 speed and 19" wheels. Car felt very solid. The exhaust note was very good...didn't rev it aboue 4,000rpm. The 6sp manuel was really smooth. It is similar to the 7sp in the 991 with one less gear. I have a 6sp in my 997, but this one feels much smoother with shorter throws. Wish I could have spent more time in the car...guess I'll have to wait a few more weeks till mine arrives.

There won't be a lot of 981 in my town this year as my dealer says he will only get about 6-8 allocated. FYI, he has about 6- 991's on the lot. They are not selling too well in our town.
Nice, huh?! *NM*
Laz - Friday, 27 July, 2012, at 2:09:33 pm
Re: Test drove 981 yesterday!
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 27 July, 2012, at 2:14:37 pm
Jim 'n' SC
Got a chance to test drive a car very similar to the one I have on order...base with 6 speed and 19" wheels. Car felt very solid. The exhaust note was very good...didn't rev it aboue 4,000rpm. The 6sp manuel was really smooth. It is similar to the 7sp in the 991 with one less gear. I have a 6sp in my 997, but this one feels much smoother with shorter throws. Wish I could have spent more time in the car...guess I'll have to wait a few more weeks till mine arrives.

There won't be a lot of 981 in my town this year as my dealer says he will only get about 6-8 allocated. FYI, he has about 6- 991's on the lot. They are not selling too well in our town.

Glad you liked it. Otherwise you'd have to cancel your order. grinning smiley

Based on my test drive last month, I agree with you on all counts. I think the shift throws are a little shorter than on the standard 987. I'm hoping that they do offer a short shift kit in the future, though. It feels solid and well planted on the road.

Happy waiting. Yours will will be here soon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login