Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
NBC: Just ordered a new Audi S4
Wyominguy - Sunday, 29 July, 2012, at 11:34:52 am
I just placed my order for a new "loaded" Audi S4 in Monsoon Grey. Almost every option is included. Ya gotta love a wife who wanted a manual shift and all the "safety" options which "required" that we purchase this car. This will be our retirement car to visit kids and others over the next many years. Supercharged V6 and 0-60 in 4.4 seconds. Now we just have to wait a couple of months.

Neil

2001 Boxster S
Sounds nice! *NM*
DougW - Monday, 30 July, 2012, at 11:55:05 am
That car sounds nice.
grant - Wednesday, 1 August, 2012, at 3:34:15 pm
I owned a B5 (00) S4 biturbo, and have a C5 S6 avant right now. Very solid cars, albeit nose-heavy.
Reliable, albeit high maint (off warranty find a good indie!)

The newest Audi S-cars apparently have several significant improvements over my generation -

1. smaller, forced induction motors result in good economy
2. New diff config allows the motor to be moved back 6" - audis are/were very nose-heavy ("911 in reverse")
3. Torque vectoring diff, if you got it
4. supposedly improved QC/reliability. Honestly, mine have been OK. But i maintain and treat them well

I like my 11 year old S6 enough that i'm putting significant t$$ and effort into making it "better than new" including replacing the old struts (ok, they're not struts,tell me what to call them) and a broken spring with KW coil-overs, set to their highest and softest setting :-) Excellent reviews as a road suspension.

Don't fall for the fallacy that AWD makes snow tires obsolete. Get a set of smaller diameter, narrower wheels and mount 4 Dunlop Wintersport M3s on them. You'll love it in the winter. As it is, AWD let's you get up a head of steam to arc gracefully off that cliff!

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login