Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Boxstoberfest is just a few weeks away.
Michael(Houston) - Tuesday, 31 July, 2012, at 5:06:48 pm
A little over 5 weeks, to be exact. 136 people are signed up so far.

Hotel blocks for the special rates expire August 17th. The Hangar Hotel was fully booked as of a few weeks ago (however there could always be cancellations). Plenty of rooms at the Inn on Barons Creek (866-990-0202), and a few left at the Fredericksburg Inn (800-446-0202).

Maps are done. Rally theme will be ghoulishly fun pillage and plunder drive for prizes.

Registration closes on August 31. For more details, go to www.boxstoberfest.com

PLStout (Pearland,TX) - Wednesday, 1 August, 2012, at 1:35:01 pm
Michael,
I will be on the Baltic Sea during this year's event. Hope y'all have fun! Sounds like you already have a good crowd.

Lee
Re: Boxstoberfest is just a few weeks away.
Bob O - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 10:38:49 am
Michael: This will be my first "miss" in ten years or so. We will be in Munich for Octoberfest! Actually we're leaving a week after Boxtoberfest, but Gail said there was no way we could go to both...It was a tough choice! smiling smiley Stuttgart and Nurburgring are on the agenda. (We're renting a Panamera for a couple of days and hoping to take it to Nurburgring...assuming it's still open!) I hate to miss Boxtoberfest but....

Oh..I emailed the factory to see about getting a tour arranged. The Germans are nothing if not efficient. Two days later I received notification that an appointment had been made for Tuesday and to be there at 9 am for the tour. I have no idea if this is a "personalized" tour or just something everyone gets for the group tour. Either way, it should be fun.

Have fun, be safe. It sounds like you've already got a great group signed up. Save me a spot for next year.

Bob
Wow!...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 10:56:52 am
... wish I could tag along with you, Bob.
Have a great time!
I'll also be missing Boxstoberfest this year.
I'm retraining and starting a new career so there's very little time for anything else right now.
Unfortunately, Boxstoberfest is 1,400 miles each way for me which just takes too long (even in the Boxster).
I hope it's again a great event, as usual.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
confused smiley Re: Wow!...
jwdbox - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 5:38:55 pm
Pedro (Weston, FL)
I'm retraining and starting a new career so there's very little time for anything else right now.Pedro
Care to share?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2012 05:39PM by jwdbox. (view changes)
smileys with beerRe: Wow!...
Bob O - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 5:48:43 pm
You're more than welcome to join us. The more the merrier!!!

And what's this about a new career??? Care to spill the beans yet??
Jump - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 12:35:27 pm
Depending on your schedule, keep in mind that Volksfest in Stuttgardt is going on the same time Oktoberfest is. It is smaller but not so full of tourists and a lot of fun. I've heard it said that if you want to drink beer with tourists, go to Oktoberfest. If you want to drink beer with Germans go to Volksfest! The grounds are very near the Mercedes museum which shouldn't be missed either.
Bob O - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 1:57:56 pm
Thanks! We will certainly look for that while we're in Stuttgart. None of us have been to Germany so, unfortunately, there's way more to see than we'll have time for.
Cool. We will miss you
Michael(Houston) - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 7:22:37 pm
For the tour, don't show up at 9:01, or you will get left behind smiling smiley.

Bob O - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 7:43:58 pm
We will be there at 8:30 just to be sure! drinking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login