Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
when you pick up your car, would you ask them how to put the top into service position to get at the top of the engine.
Guenter in Ontario
when you pick up your car, would you ask them how to put the top into service position to get at the top of the engine.
Gee Guenter, you are already to work on the engine in CURVEN8R II and yours hasn't even arrived yet grinning smiley
jwdbox
Gee Guenter, you are already to work on the engine in CURVEN8R II and yours hasn't even arrived yet grinning smiley

Just curious. As far as I know, no-one has ever seen the engine in a 981. For all I know, it could just be a huge pink rubber band powering that great looking car. Inquiring minds want to know. cool smiley
It is not pink, Guenter. Apparently unline our 987's, the 981 isn't girly.

The rubber band is black in non-S models, red in S's. grinning smiley
Yes, but
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 3 August, 2012, at 11:14:24 am
will it sound anything like a flat six? eye rolling smiley grinning smiley
I'm curious about engine access, too.
Laz - Friday, 3 August, 2012, at 11:28:37 am
An article in the latest Panorama claims there've been no 9A1 engine failures.
Re: I'm curious about engine access, too.
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 3 August, 2012, at 11:54:35 am
I'm sure that the new engines will be very reliable. I'm thinking more of maintenance. How easy/hard will access be to change things like air filters (there are now 2 of them), AOS, serpentine belt, pulleys, water pump etc?

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Well...
Burg Boxster - Friday, 3 August, 2012, at 2:02:30 pm
assuming 991 is any indication, it ain't gonna be as easy; 991 requires rear bumper removal for air filter change. Oil change requires top fan panel removal from what I understand but otherwise not much different (it no does NOT require bumper removal as widely rumored for oil change). Interestingly enough, I also understand the PIWIS system has been replaced. I'm going to a 981 drive event tomorrow and will snoop around some for ya. Will you be doing the same as usual at your dealer tomorrow too? FWIW, you should probably take this weekend off (and try for every other too) so as to not fully tip your hand about being ready to buy one grinning smiley smileys with beer winking smiley
Power steering belt (near the rack, of course.) *NM*
Laz - Friday, 3 August, 2012, at 3:30:35 pm
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2012 03:41PM by Laz. (view changes)
Sorry - I didn't see this until a few minutes ago. Actually , I meant to ask but I guess I was too excited. If no-one else answers in the next day or so, I'll call my service guy.

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login