Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Alcantera update
Alcantera - Sunday, 5 August, 2012, at 11:01:26 am
There is a shelf in the back of my garage. On the shelf is my cleaning products; waxes, cleaners and micro fiber cloths. All these products remind me of our Boxster and the hours we spent detailing it . We sold Angelina, our 2002 Boxster, last month. My wife Lynne has had her hip (left) replaced, my daughter is in her 36th week of pregnancy with twins, so I put retirement on hold and returned to work. Having the Boxster as our only car made no sense at all. I purchased a 2012 Kia Optima; it's a great car for the money. I have noticed, however, that cleaning takes place at the car wash and all the Boxster cleaners are just sitting waiting!! Lynne and I have a plan going forward and part of that plan is to some day buy another Porsche. Selling the "S" was a little more difficult than we thought. We found, to sell the car this year, it was at a discount in order to compete with the other Boxsters advertised (as the market was really soft). I received 3 calls in 6 months and the trade-in amounts offered were low. It also cost more than I had anticipated, to safety check the car. I am located in Southern Ontario, Canada and our economy is relatively strong. Looking back I would say that I probably should have bought a new car with warranty, rather than a 4-year-old Boxster S, just out of warranty (I had an IMS failure shortly after the purchase). If I had not had this Board as a reference/learning tool, my cost would have really favoured a warranty car. I enjoyed the time I spent working on my car and I believe that's part of the fun. I will check in here every few days, just to make sure you guys are behaving! We will be back. We really like the 2012 in that greeny/gold thumbs up
Hang in there!
dghii - Sunday, 5 August, 2012, at 11:11:16 pm
There are lots of Boxster's...more and more every year. The cars will be waiting for you when you are ready.

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login