Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
2003 Boxster OEM Rear Spoiler
mnchstrcityblues79 - Wednesday, 8 August, 2012, at 7:27:14 pm
Hey Gang:

Interesting problem. I came out from work today to find the plastic portion of the retractible spoiler to be loose. Upon further inspection, I discovered the cheap, plastic clips that held it on to the retractable portion had broken. I can't for the life of me figure out how this happened but I am more apt to believe it was due to sun fatigue as opposed to vandalism.

Anyway, does anyone know how I may go about replacing/fixing this? Local dealer says just south of $500 to replace/paint/install! Are you kidding me? There has to be an alternative.

I love Porsche, but they made some real bone-headed, cheap decisions on the early-mid model Boxsters. Plastic clips? Really?
Re: 2003 Boxster OEM Rear Spoiler
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 9 August, 2012, at 6:43:00 pm
The spoiler trim (item 1) is held in place with 4 plastic expansion rivets.
They're $0.35 each at the dealer.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
mnchstrcityblues79 - Thursday, 9 August, 2012, at 6:58:48 pm
Pedro: Thanks but I am confused, the spoiler trim on my 2003 was literally held in place by four tension "clips" that are part of the spoiler trim. No rivets that i see.

Whats the part number for the trim itself? I google searched that number on your diagram and it produces anywhere from a gas cap to a "valance"

This is what has the clips that broke (though my spoiler is OEM). AutoAtlanta wants $500+

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2012 07:02PM by mnchstrcityblues79. (view changes)
mnchstrcityblues79 - Thursday, 9 August, 2012, at 8:07:53 pm
Sorry for freaking out guys lol ...

Pedros diagram gave me the "seed" info and I found what I am looking for ...

986.504.609.02 G2X

Several options (new and old) and NOT $500. Still confused about expansion rivets vs the clips i have/saw but oh well (see pic)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login