Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Panamera Wagon
Boxsterra - Friday, 10 August, 2012, at 7:59:21 pm
Ugly sports car or stylish wagon?

[www.autospies.com]
Re: Panamera Wagon
Laz - Friday, 10 August, 2012, at 9:23:01 pm
We accept Porsche not just being a sports car builder. BMW built good looking wagons for years, and the Volvo P1800 wagon looked better than the 2-seater. This looks better than the extant Panamera, which, impressive as it is, in Luxor Beige looks from the rear like a giant sub sandwich.
Nice! I want one.
grant - Friday, 10 August, 2012, at 9:48:03 pm
And i've driven the panamera at Montecello and it boogies for a 4k lb car!

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
You can have mine, Grant winking smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 10 August, 2012, at 10:01:06 pm
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
dennisafrompa - Saturday, 11 August, 2012, at 7:24:20 am
Looks better than the sedan!!!
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 11 August, 2012, at 9:23:02 am
I agree with you Dennis. Wagon looks much better 0 at least from the back and side.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
“It is one proposal we are looking at to increase the reach of the Panamera,” a source told Autoweek, an affiliate of Automotive News. “From the feedback we're receiving right now, there appears to be sales potential for such a car in certain markets, especially Europe.” He added, "North Americans seem to prefer gas-guzzling, inferior handling, view-blocking, overpriced 'Sport Utility' vehicles which we are pleased to offer them. When asked to comment on the fact that SUV's are neither athletic, nor as utilitarian as many traditional wagons, the source simply shrugged and observed that "we currently strive to offer more luxurious interiors, larger cupholders, and increasingly more powerful sound systems".

The latest (and stunning) BMW 5 series Touring is NOT available here, nor are the Audi A4 or A6 Avants.

Apparently, the new 3 series Touring will make it here next year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2012 04:44PM by Roger987. (view changes)
Roger987
“It is one proposal we are looking at to increase the reach of the Panamera,” a source told Autoweek, an affiliate of Automotive News. “From the feedback we're receiving right now, there appears to be sales potential for such a car in certain markets, especially Europe.” He added, "North Americans seem to prefer gas-guzzling, inferior handling, view-blocking, overpriced 'Sport Utility' vehicles which we are pleased to offer them. When asked to comment on the fact that SUV's are neither athletic, nor as utilitarian as many traditional wagons, the source simply shrugged and observed that "we currently strive to offer more luxurious interiors, larger cupholders, and increasingly more powerful sound systems".

I think they're right on with the analysis. We've had a lot of compliments on the look of the 3 series wagon, but BMW sells very few of them. Why? Likely because people want an SUV because it's the "in, trendy or cool" vehicle. From what I've seen, the wagon has more practical space than an equivalent SUV.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
San Rensho - Saturday, 11 August, 2012, at 8:27:54 pm
Ugly car,period, its not a sports car. Porsche is lost. Cayenne was the nail in the coffin. Sales of units has trumped a history of beauitiful, high performance cars. Its the way of the world, unfortunately.
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 11 August, 2012, at 11:24:02 pm
San Rensho
Ugly car,period, its not a sports car. Porsche is lost. Cayenne was the nail in the coffin. Sales of units has trumped a history of beauitiful, high performance cars. Its the way of the world, unfortunately.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some will like it. Some won't.

Porsche building SUV's and Panameras doesn't bother me, as long as it allows them to keep building sports cars. As a sports car company, you can hardly call Porsche "lost" with the new models like the 981 now on the road and Spyder 918 coming out.
In red winking smiley If not, please no more 'hue' discussion grinning smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 13 August, 2012, at 11:17:58 am
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Huer a funny guy! *NM*
Laz - Tuesday, 14 August, 2012, at 5:21:04 pm
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Jim 'n' SC - Tuesday, 14 August, 2012, at 2:18:57 pm
Hope my wife doesn't see it. She currently drives a Volvo wagon and loves them. That new Porsche wagon would cost me a lot more $$$ than a Volvo!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login