Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Reprogramming start modes
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 13 August, 2012, at 10:59:23 pm
Just read this article about BMW drivers being unhappy about having to turn off the "start/stop" function every time they start the car. So BMW is now allowing dealers to activate the car's Last User Mode which will have the car start up in the same mode that it was last turned off.
[ca.autoblog.com]

I wonder if that can also be done with the Start/Stop system in the new 991 and 981. Maybe even with the PSE, which by default always starts in the normal rather than sport mod?
Re: Reprogramming start modes
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Monday, 13 August, 2012, at 11:31:53 pm
Ouenter, once you turn off "start/stop", it stays off even after you turn off the car and start it again. It would be nice to have that function with PSE- as well as sport mode - which I turn on as soon as I start the car.

mike

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Re: Reprogramming start modes
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 14 August, 2012, at 8:58:29 am
Thanks Mike. That makes sense to me to have the car start in the same mode as it was turned off. Maybe Porsche just wants you to start off in a more gentle mode when first starting up, rather in that rubber burning sport mode. winking smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login