Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Don't blame the newbies, even Porsche spells Boxster wrong...
Gundo - Tuesday, 14 August, 2012, at 1:32:08 pm
Picked this up over on Jalopnik.com...guess someone at the ad agency is going to be looking for a new job.

Not really correct either
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 14 August, 2012, at 1:57:28 pm
Porsche didn't misspell the word. It was someone at the ad agency.

Saw that on Jalopnik. They should also check their headlines and what they say.
A couple years ago Ruf ran ant ad leaving out the "s." I emailed them, and they appreciated my attention so much they offered to have me buy one of their cars.
Brits spell things funny. That's probably how they spell it on their side of the Pond. eye rolling smiley

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Usually theirs have more letters than American wourds. *NM*
Laz - Tuesday, 14 August, 2012, at 9:00:07 pm
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2012 09:01PM by Laz. (view changes)
Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
KevinR-MedinaOhio
Brits spell things funny. That's probably how they spell it on their side of the Pond. eye rolling smiley

The article doesn't say which London. I know that there are at least three Londons.

There's no Porsche of London in the UK. So that rules out the one across THAT pond.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Guenter
So Kevin just had the wrong pond. For him it would be the Erie Pond.

I heard that Canadians were frugal, but saving letters in a name seems to be a bit extreme. hot smiley

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
London, Ontario maybe? *NM*
Gundo - Wednesday, 15 August, 2012, at 8:59:11 pm
That's what I was wondering, but
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 15 August, 2012, at 9:22:22 pm
I asked someone who lives there and they haven't seen those signs. I didn't find anything in the local media about it.

There's also a London, KY, but it's not big enough to have a Porsche dealer.

It would have been nice if they'd mentioned which London in the article. I almost wonder if it was photoshopped.
Re: That's what I was wondering, but
Leor ('09S, North of Boston) - Wednesday, 15 August, 2012, at 10:22:45 pm
If you follow the link on the photographer's name, they're all talking about London, ON, so it seems that's the London in question.
Re: That's what I was wondering, but
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 15 August, 2012, at 10:52:17 pm
Looks like you're right.

So Kevin just had the wrong pond. For him it would be the Erie Pond. winking smiley
Just checked the Porsche web site
jg wnc - Thursday, 16 August, 2012, at 9:04:40 am
And there is indeed a Porsche of London Ontario on 600 Oxford Street West. Besides it is a left hand drive car in the pix, and I would presume if it was in the UK, they would show a RHD car.
Re: Just checked the Porsche web site
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 16 August, 2012, at 10:32:46 am
Yes. London, ON does have a dealer - Porsche of London. It opened about two years ago.

Interesting about the left hand drive. I had gone to the Porsche Great Britain website and all the pictures are the same as used on the North American sites - all cars are pictured left hand drive. That includes the car configurator.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login