Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
New suspension coming for the 981
MikenOH - Monday, 20 August, 2012, at 9:55:40 pm
[www.autocar.co.uk]

Not sure if this going to end up on the PCNA option list, but sounds like something the track guys would be looking for.
Re: New suspension coming for the 981
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 20 August, 2012, at 11:40:05 pm
MikenOH
[www.autocar.co.uk]

Not sure if this going to end up on the PCNA option list, but sounds like something the track guys would be looking for.

Also looks like they've done a major rework of the engine to get 311 HP out of a 1.3 liter engine. eye popping smiley ... of course it could be a typo too. winking smiley

It sure sounds like Porsche is starting to make some racing noises with the Boxster.
Re: New suspension coming for the 981
MikenOH - Tuesday, 21 August, 2012, at 10:32:51 am
How many HP/Litre is that ? smiling smiley A new record, I'm sure.

I like the idea of what they are offering--a track car set up in this platform for those that want it--without the complicated roof design of the 987 Spyder.

The lowered suspension would be great--as long as your roads/driveways are flat.
It read: "Lower to the Ground But Closer to Heavan."
My "roll your own" research for the Audi was daunting. The lack of information on component mass, friction, existing rates, etc makes it very very hard to do. Depending on price and package per-requisites, if i were in the market for a new car, i'd strongly consider that option.

The 981 really does sound, and from the little track time i had, drive, terrific.

OTOH these things are trade-offs, which is driving me more and more to keep my boxster as is, and get a hard-core car as a stable mate. The two together will cost less than one new 981.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login