Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
BMW M6 Convertible vs Boxster S - Top Gear article
danz76 - Tuesday, 21 August, 2012, at 4:02:27 pm
Top Gear article

Not a bad article, and some cool pictures.
Re: BMW M6 Convertible vs Boxster S - Top Gear article
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 21 August, 2012, at 4:26:12 pm
Thanks....very nice pictures.....about 10 more than we've seen from Laz in the last month tongue sticking out smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Roger987 - Tuesday, 21 August, 2012, at 7:42:36 pm
Thx for posting.

Odd comparison - the M6 is a big car with a back seat. I'd never think of considering an M6 if I were in the market for a Boxster, nor vice versa.

Incidentally, the latest edition of Excellence goes gaga over the 981.
silverbox03 - Wednesday, 22 August, 2012, at 2:01:41 pm
This is an odd comparison. I could never be interested in something as big and heavy as the M6, it's not very sports car like.
BMW has lost me. They were selling something like 45,000 cars a year in the U.S. when I bought my first one. Nobody knew what a BMW was back then. It was a lot of fun to own one then and they were great cars.
Today they don't interest me for the direction that they've taken, but hey, they're selling like crazy, so what do I know?
Roger987 - Wednesday, 22 August, 2012, at 2:07:18 pm
You're right. They've changed and they're selling in big numbers.They are attuned to their market and know where their customers are.

Although quite a bit removed from the 2002tii and early M3 days, they still produce some of the best performing sedans in the world. That the M6 could even compete with the much smaller, lighter and mid-engined 981 is a testament to their excellent engineering and design.
danz76 - Wednesday, 22 August, 2012, at 4:30:45 pm
I agree, and think that a comparo with a Z4 would be more appropriate, but I enjoyed the pictures.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login