Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
figure out where.

[i49.tinypic.com]

[i48.tinypic.com]

It is now enhanced with a 2 x 10 that covers both tires; slips over the posts with two holes, has holes for the tie-down strap and a couple of eye-hooks. So now securing the tires is simple, secure and neat.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Looks great--should make distant DE's a lot easier to deal with.
Looks good...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 27 August, 2012, at 10:21:37 am
... but I'd make one suggestion: Put the tool box at the front and the tires at the rear.
Two reasons for the suggestion.
One, it's easier to remove and install the wheels/tires from the rear.
Two, after you remove the trailer from the car and the wheels from the trailer the extra weight behind the axle could make the trailer stand up in the air.
Don't ask me how I know winking smiley
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
My concern would negative tongue weight.
grant - Monday, 27 August, 2012, at 10:39:08 am
As is, it presses down. if i reverse it, will it not lift up?

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
You can get it pretty well balanced...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 27 August, 2012, at 11:14:43 am
... by loading everything as if you're going to the track and then moving tires/toolbox front or back an inch or two, as needed.
On mine, when fully loaded with tools, spare parts, tires/wheels, two 10'x10' canopies and bicycle the tongue "weighs" 20 lbs.
If I don't load the canopies, I just move the bike to re-balance the tongue weight.

Happy Boxster Trailering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Looks good...
Trygve (San Francisco, CA) - Monday, 27 August, 2012, at 11:53:18 am
I do agree with Pedro specifically about the advantage of having the tires out back -- when you remove them the trailer will sit down on the tongue. With my trailer oriented with the toolbox out back, I had it rock back and sit on the tail a couple of times upon removing the last tire, until I remembered to always put weight on the tongue before removing the tires.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2012 11:54AM by Trygve (Alameda, CA). (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login