Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Well I'm back....
dennisafrompa - Thursday, 30 August, 2012, at 7:39:56 am
...sort of, It's German!

Our new VW Sportwagen TDI DGS. Since we are not SUV people we went this route.

This car is a joy to run through traffic. With only 140HP BUT 237lbs. of torque at low rpms it is truly suprisingly quick.

This car is all because of a newly acquired Havanese dog, Starr. She is 4 years of age. We love them both.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2012 07:55AM by dennisafrompa. (view changes)
Re: Well I'm back....
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 30 August, 2012, at 8:42:45 am
Well, it is part of the family now.

Nice colour.

I agree about the wagon. I know they're not "in" or "cool" or whatever the term is right now, but for most intents and pruposes they'll carry the same amount of stuff and are easier to look after than SUVs and I think they look more sporty than an SUV (I still think they should be called UVs - just don't see the sport part in them).

Good looking K9 buddy too. smiling smiley
Congratulations - Excellent choice
wewannaporsche - Thursday, 30 August, 2012, at 10:39:03 am
We have a 2011 Golf TDi and love it. So far we are getting a combined 40.2 mpg, a bit less on the cold weather.
Tino - Thursday, 30 August, 2012, at 5:02:06 pm
Congrats on the doggie and the car, Dennis. They both look very good. Considering the dog, I like your designation of the car as a "DGS".

By the way, does the car come in awd or 4wd?
dennisafrompa - Thursday, 30 August, 2012, at 5:34:59 pm
Tino
Congrats on the doggie and the car, Dennis. They both look very good. Considering the dog, I like your designation of the car as a "DGS".

By the way, does the car come in awd or 4wd?

Tino, I actually mispelled...It has a DSG transmission (dual clutch) No AWD but with front drive and winter tires we'll be OK. The dog was worth every expense we've incurred so far.
I bought this one about a year ago. VW GTI with a DSG. Not quite a station wagon but not that far away. Very happy with it and the transmission is so much better than a standard automatic. I'd have to take about 10 seconds to talk myself out of a PDK in my next Porsche... hot smiley

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Welcome back
Boxsterra - Friday, 31 August, 2012, at 9:00:36 am
We all like other types of cars.

Cute dog too.
Congrats! I, too, cheated on Porsche with a VW...
MattTheCarNut - Friday, 31 August, 2012, at 12:49:07 pm
...for a couple years. Just don't stay w/o a Porsche for too long. It does strange things to the mind!

Re: Congrats! I, too, cheated on Porsche with a VW...
dennisafrompa - Saturday, 1 September, 2012, at 12:32:29 pm
Well Matt I didn't cheat on Porsche, I filed for divorce years ago!winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login