Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Happy news to report...
Rick (Nashville, TN) - Sunday, 16 September, 2012, at 4:58:16 pm
Hi guys,

I recently completed a nice service milestone at my company (29 years), so I thought I'd celebrate by purchasing a pre-owned (7500 miles) 2012 Cayman R. It's a CPO car that turned up earlier this summer at the local Pcar dealership in Nashville. I've been looking at Caymans for a while now, and I've been particularly interested in the R model since it debuted. I held out for the color I wanted (Meteor Gray), and it's got all the options I would have spec'ed myself, with one or two exceptions.

PDK
Sport Chrono
Sport seats
Sport design steering wheel with paddle shifters
Bi-Xenon lights
A/C
Full Leather interior (black), with contrasting silver seat belts
Alcantara package (steering wheel, gate shifter, and cover of storage bin all done in Alcantara)
Bose surround sound & CDR-30 radio
Tequipment-installed Sport exhaust

The ride is simply phenomenal, and the car is absolutely gorgeous from every angle. Here are some lousy cell phone pics from a PCA group drive we did yesterday in Nashville. Where's Bob Chapman when I need him? Lol.. Thanks for looking!

Best regards,

Rick
Thanks! *NM*
Rick (Nashville, TN) - Sunday, 16 September, 2012, at 9:08:04 pm
congrats! She's a beaut...
986rgt - Sunday, 16 September, 2012, at 6:10:06 pm
Hope I can afford to treat myself in that way someday! Somehow I see it being in 18-20 years after the kiddos leave the nest!

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
Thanks, much appreciated! *NM*
Rick (Nashville, TN) - Sunday, 16 September, 2012, at 9:10:27 pm
Re: Happy news to report...
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Sunday, 16 September, 2012, at 7:16:37 pm
Gorgeous car, Rick! She will look good next to my agate grey baby at BRBS!

I am playing with the idea of a side stripe. Is that one silver?
Rick (Nashville, TN) - Sunday, 16 September, 2012, at 9:05:42 pm
Thanks, Mike. I appreciate the kind words.

I just took another look. I'm fairly certain that the side decals are done in a silver-type look to match the side mirrors and rear spoiler which are definitely painted in silver.

Best regards,

Rick
Jim 'n' SC - Sunday, 16 September, 2012, at 7:52:46 pm
That is one great looking car! Hope you have many happy miles.
Many thanks, Jim! *NM*
Rick (Nashville, TN) - Sunday, 16 September, 2012, at 9:11:42 pm
Congratulations Rick!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 16 September, 2012, at 8:38:41 pm
What a coincidence that it's your 29th year and that beauty of a Cayman R came along at the same time. winking smiley

Looking forward to seeing it at BRBS. (And you too of course. grinning smiley )
Thanks so much, Guenter..
Rick (Nashville, TN) - Sunday, 16 September, 2012, at 9:16:02 pm
I appreciate your kind words. I'm looking forward to seeing you again at BRBS next year.

Best regards,

Rick
Excellent choice!...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 17 September, 2012, at 7:36:04 am
... The Cayman R is a great car.
Heck, even without an "R" or an "S" it's still a great car.
I had a student driver yesterday at Sebring with an "S" and it never ceases to amaze me what a great package it is.
Congratulations Rick.
Happy Caymaning
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
enjoy in good healththumbs upsmileys with beer
Harvey in FL - Monday, 17 September, 2012, at 1:26:02 pm
I was also at Sebring yesterday and was watching an "R" go from my rear vieiw mirror to viewing it thru my winshield. The "R" seems very fast thru the apexs.
Thanks Pedro; I appreciate your kind words..
Rick (Nashville, TN) - Monday, 17 September, 2012, at 3:49:21 pm
I hope you and your family are doing well!

Best regards, -rick.
I believe this is one of Pedro's favorites.....
Harvey in FL - Monday, 17 September, 2012, at 4:34:54 pm
He did have an opportunity to drive it at Sebring this past weekend; but, did not because after driving the beast, his next big hack would be to convert his old fairful to "Pedrozilla". the finger smiley

I absolutely could never let this one go. Too many BRBSs, and too many happy memories. My first ever Pcar. I spec'ed and ordered it in Dec 1999 and took delivery in Apr 2000.

Rick
Still lookin' good.

Are those taken on top of Grandfather Mountain?
Glad I'm not the only one with a Cayman and a 986
Steve (Morro Bay) - Monday, 17 September, 2012, at 9:42:08 pm
I had thought of selling my 986 after buying the Cayman, but I couldn't do it. I was in los angeles at the time, but now live in a very small town in Iowa, and my driveway has become a local attraction. Great looking car by the way. Hope you enjoy it as much as it sounds like you will.
That's great, Steve..
Rick (Nashville, TN) - Tuesday, 18 September, 2012, at 10:14:15 am
My 986S still looks, feels, and drives like a new car! It has accumulated only 56,000 miles in 12.5 years of ownership. It could probably use some updated suspension pieces, and I wish there was a way to make the steering action a little more 'laser like' in precision, but overall, the car behaves within 95% of brand new. It's been a great dependable car for me.

Regards, -rick
Love your color combo Rick!
Tony in Whittier - Wednesday, 19 September, 2012, at 9:20:35 pm
Especially the wheels. I am glad that you are keeping her.

BTW- I still have mine (~96K miles on my '00 S). It still brings that permagrin! She has a stable mate, a 1988 Carrera in Grand Prix White. About 157K miles on the chassis. I could not part with either of them. Each gives their own unique driving experience.
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Now there are 'two' members of your club, lol..

Honestly, it was due to seeing yours and Bobby Mimbs' beautiful Seal Gray Boxsters at BRBS that led me to pursue Meteor Gray.

Hope all is well in Florida!!

Kind regards,

rick
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Congrats Rick. You deserve it!
jg wnc - Friday, 21 September, 2012, at 3:17:00 pm
Beautiful car, and I was initially wondering what was going to happen the RFG Boxster. Really glad you are going to keep her. You are getting quite a stable these days.........
Thanks JG. Good to hear from you..
Rick (Nashville, TN) - Friday, 21 September, 2012, at 5:00:11 pm
Hope all is well. I'm actually thinking about putting the 968 up for sale. It's been a great car. If you'll recall, I drove it to Atlanta a few years ago (when I was in town for a week of tech training), and we all met up at that restaurant near the Perimeter.

Best, -rick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login