Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
981 production starts today in Osnabruck
MikenOH - Wednesday, 19 September, 2012, at 9:43:14 am
[www.just-auto.com]

The plant has apparently supplying several of the body parts for the Boxster prior to assembly being moved there.

Another article I read mentioned that they expect production to be split between the plants, with more than 50% built in Osnabruck.

I'm thinking 991 sales must have really taken off for this to be required; does anyone have a record of previous 911 sales/year?
Re: 981 production starts today in Osnabruck
db997S - Wednesday, 19 September, 2012, at 12:18:25 pm
Sorry, don't have the stats, but eyeballing it here in DC, i have yet to see a 981 on the streets, but I've seen many 991s, the last being two days ago.
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Wednesday, 19 September, 2012, at 12:22:29 pm
Not surpising - 991 has been on sale since February while the 981 has only been available in limited numbers since July.

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 19 September, 2012, at 12:49:22 pm
No real surprise that production will be split.

For much of the Boxster production in the past, only a few were built in Stuttgart. Almost all Boxsters and Caymans where assembled at Valmet in Uusikaupunki, Finland because the main factory didn't have the capacity. With VW buying the old Karmann factory, essentially, the Karmann factory would take over Boxster and Cayman assembly that used to be farmed out to Valmet.

Karmann built most of the VW cabriolets, as well as the Karmann Ghia.
Jim 'n' SC - Wednesday, 19 September, 2012, at 1:41:17 pm
Glad I got a Stuttgart built Boxster. Should be worth a preimum when I get ready to sell!the finger smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login