Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
New option on 981
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 21 September, 2012, at 10:27:14 pm
Going through the configurator, I just noticed Porsche now has a Sport Suspension listed for the 981. It lowers the car 20 mm / .79 in compared to PASM which lowers it by 10 mm / .39 in.
Re: New option on 981
MikenOH - Saturday, 22 September, 2012, at 9:16:01 pm
GUENTER:
With any luck, I'll be able to provide a review of how the x73 suspension
works when the new car arrives in November.
We ordered a pretty basic car with PTV,sport chassis,sport seat+ and two other options.
I was unsure if this might be too hardcore but the specs looked
close enough to the cayman r setup to make it look like
something that would work on the street.
There is very little info out on this package from Porsche;
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 23 September, 2012, at 4:23:10 pm
One of the lucky waiters. smiling smiley

Maybe I just missed it before, but I didn't remember seeing the sport chassis option before. When did you order yours?
MikenOH - Sunday, 23 September, 2012, at 5:56:23 pm
This past week; I recall the first time I saw info on this option was back in August but I don't think it showed up on the configurator until a few weeks back.

With the exception of an autocar article published in the UK, there is next to nothing about this option out on the web.

Here's the autocar article:
[www.autocar.co.uk]
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 23 September, 2012, at 6:12:02 pm
Thanks for the link. It sounds pretty impressive, but definitely suited more for track use than pot - holed streets.

So what all options / colour did you order your new baby in?
MikenOH - Sunday, 23 September, 2012, at 7:43:06 pm
It's going to be a pretty basic 981S:
-Sports Seats +
-PTV
-Sport Chassis
-Convenience Pkg
-Sport Design steering wheel ( for $250 the best deal going on the option list)
-manual w/std.19" wheels

GR/BlkBlk; this will be our third Boxster in this color combo; I liked the car in white (wife didn't), We both liked it in yellow but weren't sure we'd feel the same way in two months or two years. We liked the car in Agate but I think the shade was just a bit too dark for us.

Too bad Porsche only offered one shade of red in this car. I'm sure it would have looked good in either Ruby or Carmona red.
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 23 September, 2012, at 10:25:28 pm
I'm not sure that you can call a 981 S "basic". I guess relatively speaking compared to one loaded up with a lot of goodies.

I'd say that you have all the important options for someone who really appreciates the true essence of a Boxster.

I really like the look of the Sport Design steering wheel. I don't listen to the stereo or talk on the phone while I'm driving, so don't really need the multifunction wheel. The SD wheel reminds me of some of the sports car steering wheels of the 50's and 60's.

I'll look forward to some pictures and a report in November.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login