Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Price of your "ideal" Boxstereye rolling smiley
Ed fromTampa ( formerly Long Island) - Thursday, 27 September, 2012, at 10:02:11 am
Mike's comment about the price of his ideal Boxster got me thinking. So I went to the configurator to determine the cost of my car if $ was not an issue.

Mine's "only" $87,745 eye popping smiley

Compared to the $64,515 of my 2005S I've gone up quite a bit, but I added a lot of stuff.

It's a good thing I'm still very happy with my current car.

Ed

Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
Re: Price of your "ideal" Boxstereye rolling smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 27 September, 2012, at 11:17:06 am
I bet you'd find if you configured the car similar to your current one, there wouldn't be much of a price difference, specially given the newer car would have more features, including more HP.

Remember that you first line said "if $ was not an issue". IF you were one of those lucky few, that $87,745 would be no big deal and you'd only have a smiling smiley waiting for your new 981.
Apples to apples
Ed fromTampa ( formerly Long Island) - Saturday, 29 September, 2012, at 9:09:06 am
A 981 configured as my 987 goes for $71,450 - $6935 or a 10.7% increase.

I'm still keeping my 05! grinning smiley

Ed

05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2012 09:22AM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
seems to work for themsmileys with beer *NM*
Ed fromTampa ( formerly Long Island) - Sunday, 30 September, 2012, at 10:51:10 am
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
Re: seems to work for themsmileys with beer
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 11:23:42 am
drinking smiley,,,,true, and by model year two, either the dealers will have lots of inventory or Porsche will slow the productions lines down, yet again.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Like deviated stitching and a couple painted bits.

Considering my 99 cost 56 pretty well loaded the way I wanted it, I guess that I will not be upgrading anytime soon!

Description No. Info Price
Boxster S $60,900
Packages
Convenience Package P93 $1,170
Exterior Colors
Guards Red G1 $0
Convertible Top in Black 4V $0
Interior Colors
Leather interior in Black AZ $2,385
Exterior
Headlight cleaning system covers painted XUB
$295
Supplemental safety roll-bar painted in Aluminum look 547
$635
Deletion of Model Designation 498
$0
Bi-Xenon(TM) headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) 603
$690
Performance
Sport Chrono Package 639
$1,850
Sports exhaust system XLF
$2,825
Sport Suspension X73
$1,235
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCcool smiley 450
$7,400
Wheels
19-inch Boxster S wheel 400
$0
Interior
Seat belts in Guards Red XSX
$340
Sport Chrono clock dial in Racing Yellow CGE
$500
Instrument Dials colored in Racing Yellow XFR
$690
Center console trim painted XYG
$290
Interior package painted EER
$595
Fire extinguisher 509
$140
Sports seats Plus (2-way, electric) P04
$440
Interior Leather
Porsche crest embossed on head restraints XSC
$285
Lid of storage bin with Porsche crest XPT
$330
SportDesign steering wheel 840
$250
Interior Alcantara
Gear lever in Alcantara CLB
$865
Destination Charge:
Destination Charge: $950
Total Price* $85,060

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
OMG....no PDK thumbs up *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 27 September, 2012, at 5:52:28 pm
You said your 99 was fully loaded. To make it a fair comparison, you should equip the 981 the same as your 986. That would knock off at least $15k in options that weren't even available back then (Sport Chrono, Sports Suspension, Ceramic Brakes, Sports Exhaust) and $11k less for a base, since the S wasn't available then. So that knocks $26k off that $85k sticker, giving you a comparable price of $59k.

Sounds like you really want a lot more car for the same price you paid 13 years ago. I supposed you're earning the same salary now as you were 13 years ago too?

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Also have to take into account the stuff I added over the years too, full RUF body kit, gt3 seat, h&r suspension, aftermarket wheels, stereo bits, hids, not to mention stuff not available anymore, P69 interior, speedster humps, light weight chasis, NO CUpHOLDERS and no glovebox!

Your right about the brakes and the motor, and the electronic psm, but the base price has really gone too high if you ask me. If they are gonna charge me 125 bucks for valve stem caps or wheel crests, the base car should be cheaper. Just my 2 cents

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
Re: Price of your "ideal" Boxstereye rolling smiley
TheFarmer - Friday, 28 September, 2012, at 8:06:56 am
Configuring a 981 as close as I could to my 2005 987, I came up with $57,595, about 10K more than what I paid, a 20% increase over 7 years.
And my ideal
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Friday, 28 September, 2012, at 8:28:36 am
didn't have a lot of special options or dress-up items on it. PCCBs though. Didn't recall a hardtop yet.
I just speced out a base 981 as close to my 987 as I could.

My 987 listed at $71,840 (starting price $64,100)
A 981 similarly equipped came out to $64,215 (starting price $56,500)

So that's good news for us Canucks. The main reason being that the Canadian dollar has risen in value by about 15%, so Porsche has dropped prices here in Canada by $7,600 for the base, compared to 2006 prices.

On the other side of the coin - the American dollar has lost ground compared to other currencies during that time, making imported goods more expensive in the US.
Ridiculous and extreme, you say? I agree.

So now we're back to compromises.

Which is not, alas, ideal. I'll keep my S lowly optioned and closer to $68k. I can do without gauges painted to match my cheeks.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login