Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Re: Cool Video Boxter S vs 911 Carrera
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 4 October, 2012, at 11:01:23 am
....and both cars sell for about the same amount.

What type of transmissions do both of those fun rides have? winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Thursday, 4 October, 2012, at 1:07:14 pm
Not sure what you have been smoking, Gary? With similar equipment, they are nowhere near the same price - particularly if you campare the 981 with the equivalent Cab. They are only about the same price if you compare a stripped down 911 base coupe with a very loaded 981S. grinning smiley
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 4 October, 2012, at 2:17:34 pm
You know I don't smoke. We've been over this too many times, already.

The 3.4L 911 coupe with about 16 grand in options (even without PDK far from stripped down) will MSRP for $98K, and sell for about $90K, or about $4k more than your overloaded sissy 981S.

Oh, and I know what you've been smoking! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Thursday, 4 October, 2012, at 3:22:47 pm
Note - I said "simarly equipped"! A 981S with 16k in optons would be around $77K - less dealer discounts (probably around $2k right now - more later) - or about $75K. BTW, must be some reason they are discounting the 991 so heavily?? Could be people like the 981 better? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 4 October, 2012, at 4:12:35 pm
Lawdevil & CURVN8R
......must be some reason they are discounting the 991 so heavily?? Could be people like the 981 better? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

No eye rolling smiley

Not "so heavily", but reasonably, given Porsche purchasing history. The 981 is still new, in short supply, and there are enough "gotta be first" fat cats with more $ than sense to pay exorbitant prices on grossly overloaded cars, whose supply is being manipulated by Porsche till the suckers are depleted. Thanks Mike, for supporting the impressive profit margin of Porsche, and I'm happy you're satisfied.

I like the 981S and the 991, which more than matched it on the track, but not enough to trade my 986. The option prices are ridiculous, and the interior and exterior colors are way too limited and not nearly as attractive as previous year offerings, or BMW, Lexus, Infinity or VW colors., for that matter.

Just my opinion.

Gary...by watching the video ......
Harvey in FL - Thursday, 4 October, 2012, at 1:39:44 pm
Gary in SoFL

What type of transmissions do both of those fun rides have? winking smiley

Both cars have manual tranny's; but, the 911 has seven gears and the Boxster has six. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2012 01:40PM by Harvey in FL. (view changes)
thumbs up smileys with beerRe: *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 4 October, 2012, at 2:20:45 pm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login