Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Porsche World Roadshow...
Jim 'n' SC - Thursday, 11 October, 2012, at 7:43:19 pm
My dealer got me a free ride at the Porsche World Roadshow in Charlotte October 31st. Sounds like fun! Has anyone done this?

[www.porscheworldroadshowusa.com]
Re: Porsche World Roadshow...
AS2003 - Thursday, 11 October, 2012, at 8:32:58 pm
I went to the one in the DC metro area and it was great. I went in thinking I was likely going to order a new 981 Boxster or Cayman, but left thinking about how I can swing a base 991. That's not a knock on the 981, it's just that I was really impressed with the new 991 on the track.

Porsche puts on a great event. Enjoy it!!
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 12 October, 2012, at 8:29:12 am
I'm attending the Roadshow at Sebring next Tuesday. Sounds like it will be fun. Think there'll be any PDK's winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Jim 'n' SC - Friday, 12 October, 2012, at 11:46:28 am
Were the cars manuel or PDK? Since I have a 981 I would like to drive one of those, but the web site says they will assign you a car. Will they work with you on that?
Frissen - Friday, 12 October, 2012, at 1:52:32 pm
I believe you drive all cars and most likely they all will be PDK's as its the new box smiling smiley

this is the one from Mexico last year smiling smiley

PWRS Mex 2011

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2012 02:03PM by Frissen. (view changes)
I did Monticello in June... and reported back. Its nice
grant - Sunday, 14 October, 2012, at 8:57:48 am
It depends on how much track experience you have. For most people, its probably a big thrill. For others, more of a chance to feel out the cars. It will be an "autoX" which is really a few braking and lane-change maneuvers; a "tech ride" more of the same comparing Hybrid to regular; and follow the leader laps; 1 or 2 laps in each of about 3 cars, pace set by the slowest baby duck.

Clearly a fun day, but don't expect too much. You'll get a chance to see more of less what each car can do.

ironically of the 3 i've been to (Porsche, Audi, Cadillac) - the Cadillac one was by far the most serious, best instructors, most lap time, highest speeds.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
John B in SC - Tuesday, 16 October, 2012, at 4:24:47 pm
Got my invite also. We'll be doing the morning session on Oct. 31. Hope to meet you in person Jim. Will you be going to Euro Autofestival at the BMW plant this Sat?

See my other pastime at www.gothamcityracing.net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login