Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I noted before I sold my chassis for $3,000 to a dismantler, but right after I posted, I was offered a few hundred more from Grant. I will let Grant tell you what exactly he will be doing with the car but he was looking to build a track car. He is out of the country right now so he may not be able to post yet. The car lives!! It's alive!!!! or will be soon.....

I just sold my hardtop a few nights ago to a guy in NJ for just over $1,200 via the popular auction site.

Now if I can sell my painted wheels and near new Michelin Pilot Sports, I can cover the $5,500 in maintenance I put into the car three weeks before the engine blew. The tires and wheels are now on Pedros Parts for Sale.

I am just not having good car luck lately to say the least. I am now driving my mother's Camry and I went to check a brake squeal and broke three lug bolts right of the hub. They just twisted right off when I tried to loosen the nuts. Very odd in that the nuts loosened very easily and then promptly broke when I went to take them all the way off. I used very little muscle. I suspect some numbnut over torqued them......

Argh.......

Peace
Bruce
Bruce:
Have you decided on a replacement car yet?
I don't think seasonal changes will be the reason for a price drop in the 2009 to 2012 Boxster, but I see a big price drop for another reason. The more I read about the 981 base Boxster, the more I think there should be a substantial price difference in the 987. Similar effects were seen in the price of the C5 generation Corvette after the C6 was out for awhile. I will be buying a Boxster in the next year or two, and I'm thinking about the 981 myself.
so this will be brief.

I hope that Bruce's car will soon have its counter up above 200k (he was at 195k). I do plan to make this my "track" car, since it is an S model. But i anticipate it being so pretty that i'm not quite sure what that exactly means. My first job is to figure out what i will do about the motor - is it rebuild able? Or must I get a core and follow the advice i gave Bruce? Dunno yet.

In general i think "track car" to me means street-able, but allowing many of the trade-offs that would make a car annoying day-to-day, like proper seats, belts, lower, stiffer suspension, etc. Cage is a real possibility both for safety and as a chassis reinforcement, but remains to be seen. I'll be loathe to chop up that beautiful camel leather interior!

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
grant

In general i think "track car" to me means street-able, but allowing many of the trade-offs that would make a car annoying day-to-day, like proper seats, belts, lower, stiffer suspension, etc. Cage is a real possibility both for safety and as a chassis reinforcement, but remains to be seen. I'll be loathe to chop up that beautiful camel leather interior!

Grant

I saw a custom roll cage put into a 2002S by this guy:
[www.rollcageguy.com]

He's local and did excellent work, integrating the cage into the car so you could still drive it on the street; IIRC, $2500 or there abouts.
Thanks. Quite a hike to get it done though...... *NM*
grant - Monday, 22 October, 2012, at 8:47:23 pm
Grant

Re: Thanks. Quite a hike to get it done though......
MikenOH - Monday, 22 October, 2012, at 8:56:09 pm
That's for sure; there has to be somebody local that can do the same work. I'll email him and see if he had any pictures of what he did; I thought the design and fabrication was first class.
Interested in what you find. I may be lucky though.
grant - Tuesday, 23 October, 2012, at 7:09:56 am
My guy welds. Either he may do it or know someone who does.

Grant

Grant

Grant....you have an email *NM*
Harvey in FL - Tuesday, 23 October, 2012, at 8:13:19 pm
Hmmmmm. No i don't..... *NM*
grant - Tuesday, 23 October, 2012, at 10:28:46 pm
Grant

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login