Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
We have five dogs, some whom like to go for rides and some whom do not. Barkley, our Flat-Coated Retriever is the former. But, she has never been in a convertible and I didn't know how she would respond to the open top. In August, she was due for a checkup, which gave me an excuse to take out the P-Car.

Here we are at the Vet. From the smile on her face, you can tell she thoroughly enjoyed the ride, and reciprocated by not giving me a hard time inside, which is what normally happens.

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Although I have only told one person here, I have been Hors de Combat for the last month, to include not being able to drive, a condition that will expire early next month. The little woman has steadfastly refused to drive the P-Car. However, last Thursday was likely to be the last decent weather day here in NE Ohio until next Spring, so she relented by taking the wheel, and we went for a drive (she left the PDK in Auto). Casey, our designate Porsche Navigator accompanied us.

Looking down our driveway.

One stop we made was in Chippewa Lake. It is a village built along the largest natural lake in Ohio, which was created by the passing of the last Ice Age. The village was originally a summer/weekend getaway for the idle rich during the late 19th and early 20th centuries, but has since evolved into an area where people live year around.

The area has an interesting history. The lake was privately owned until recently, with only people who lived along it being allowed access. Our county park system finally bought the lake. Now, those who live along its east shore continue to have access, while the public needs to to the far side of the lake and access it by the single boat ramp the country just erected.

There had been an amusement park by the same name open until the early 1980s, but folded when it couldn't compete with Cedar Point and Six Flags. The park has since been torn down, but development stopped due to the recession.

There is a high dollar restaurant that borders the lake called The Oaks. Local legend has it that JFK twice flew the Presidential helicopter into the restaurant's parking lot for lunch.

With the improvement of the environment, a pair of Bald Eagles have established a nest nearby and are a local tourist attraction as the nest can be seen from a road. They can occasionally be seen carrying off a fish or seagull. I have seen them several times.

I got my P-Car in March with 11k miles on it. The odometer just turned over to 20k. smileys with beer

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
You are joking, right?

Unless the passenger airbag is turned off
Roger987 - Monday, 29 October, 2012, at 12:27:15 pm
Should the car experience an impact which ignites the airbag, there will be one dead dog, with its bones impregnated in the passenger.

Not pretty.
Nicely composed. *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 1 November, 2012, at 6:43:04 pm
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Thanks.
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Friday, 2 November, 2012, at 3:33:13 pm
Cayman & Cayenne both calling shotgun. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login