Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Clutch bleeding (2003 Boxster 2.7)
Thierry, Quebec City, Canada - Sunday, 4 November, 2012, at 3:38:43 pm
Hi guys,

Need some helps. I did replace my brake fluid with mi Motive Bleeder and I'm now trying to find the clutch bleeding nipple. Look at the att. picture (Red circle) Is this the good one? It look to be on the slave cylinder???

Many thanks to all, that's ther last thing to do before it goes to hibernation...

Re: Clutch bleeding (2003 Boxster 2.7)
newt - Sunday, 4 November, 2012, at 4:01:17 pm
That looks like it. Pull the little rubber cover off and install drain tube. I believe the bleed nipple requires 11mm wrench. If you know anybody with really long, skinny arms you may want to hire them for this, especially if they have 2 elbows on one arm. The only way I can get to it is to lie on my back with head near the LR wheel and feet sticking out the right side of car in front of RR wheel, at about 45 degree angle to car. It can be done.
smiling smiley *NM*
Boxsterra - Sunday, 4 November, 2012, at 8:33:44 pm
Here...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 5 November, 2012, at 12:04:12 pm
... are the instructions: [pedrosgarage.com]

Some cars' bleed nipple are 10 mm while others are 11 mm. In either case it's a tough job because of the position of the valve.

Don't forget to have the clutch pedal depressed while bleeding the clutch slave.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login