Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
open front trunk, disconnected battery on an '01
Michael SYS Driver - Friday, 9 November, 2012, at 12:29:48 pm
I have read all of the options and I see the cable under the shroud, but is it supposed to be really hard to push/pull? Also I have a trickle charger but will that work with the battery disconnected? I tried it but i got no current. Can I get something to hook on the cable to pull it?

TIA
I don't know about the 2001 but my 2002 has a place at the bottom of the fuse panel where you can connect another battery to operate the electric hood release. I have also used the cigarette lighter as a way to get power into the car. I recommend you NOT connect the trickle charger with the battery disconnected as it may not be regulated well enough to protect the electronics in the car. I have used a 12 volt "wall wart" power supply with a cigarette lighter plug to open my hood. You could also make a cigarette ligher "jumper cable" to plug into the boxster and another car.
thanks I will try the cigarette lighter and jumper cable. My trickle charger is a better one and it had a fault with the battery disconnected so that did not work. I will look at the fuse panel to see if I have the connectors. Thanks for the info.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login