Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Do GT-3 Seats bolt directly into a 986?
grant - Sunday, 18 November, 2012, at 5:59:20 pm
I'm wondering what level of complexity and cost i need to add to a set of available seats.....

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Re: Do GT-3 Seats bolt directly into a 986?
PeterInMA - Sunday, 18 November, 2012, at 11:00:58 pm
They should fit just fine as long as you have the rails/sliders. I use the 996 GT3 seats in my 987. They are attached to the floor with 4 torx bolts. On cars with OEM seats with the passenger seat weight sensor and/or seat airbags, you need to reprogram the car to tell it that equipment is not longer installed to get ride of the warning lights. This can be done with a dealer or with the Durametric.
Thank you! *NM*
grant - Monday, 19 November, 2012, at 8:25:16 am
Grant

Re: Do GT-3 Seats bolt directly into a 986?
Ruby - Monday, 19 November, 2012, at 7:06:20 pm
I have 996 eight way power seats from a 1998 in my '03 986. Work great. Had manual seats but box was pre-wired. Look great and much more comfortable than standard seats.
.. as one can come - that's why i'm asking. These are a very different animal from most standard - issue porsche seats.

Grant

Grant

Depends how you plan on using them... I considered them, but found the high bolsters and fixed back too cumbersome for 'daily' use. They are awesome when used at the track, but I personally would tire of them when running errands. YMMV... be sure to take a 'test drive' before committing $$$!
I actually find them very comfortable - better than my OEM - aside from the lack of height adjustment. The fixed back is right where i like it anyway.

But aside from that, these will go in a car that will either be a 50/50 or 80/20 track vehicle.

Its just too darn nice to chop up!

Grant

Grant

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login