Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Very early boxster
Alcantera - Sunday, 25 November, 2012, at 9:48:17 pm
We brought this home last week, I will be assembling this car here at my house. The car came from Nevada and is rust free. Taking apart the front end was like working on my boxster, no rust or corrosion everything came apart as if it were put together last week.The original four cylinder is gone and will be replaced by a 6. I'm still a fan of the boxster but I must admit I'm really liking the older cars. The 911 E is finished and looks great, I will post some pics later. Having fun in retirement wrenching and part scrounging .I'm still here from time to time checking. On you guys.
Re: Very early boxster
Jim 'n' SC - Monday, 26 November, 2012, at 7:09:55 am
Sounds like fun. I would like to restore some of my old cars I used to drive. Don't have the time now.
dennisafrompa - Monday, 26 November, 2012, at 7:32:28 am
Loved my 914.
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 26 November, 2012, at 9:28:00 am
Love the script on the rocker panel, Dennis. The Curve Artist. thumbs up Somehow, has a nicer ring to it in German.
dennisafrompa - Tuesday, 27 November, 2012, at 7:40:23 am
Guenter in Ontario
Love the script on the rocker panel, Dennis. The Curve Artist. thumbs up Somehow, has a nicer ring to it in German.
...and believe me the car was the artist, not necessarily the driver.
Amazing to see one rust free.
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Tuesday, 27 November, 2012, at 11:04:59 am
Look forward to seeing it after its assembly. Owned a '70 914 bought new for ~$3600 and sold it days before the warranty ran out because the dealerships could never keep it fixed. Window must have fallen down 20 times. The joke around the office was I had a parking place at the dealers with my name on it.
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 26 November, 2012, at 9:20:23 am
It does look almost like a brand new 914, Dave - just have to overlook the few missing parts. grinning smiley

Is it still all original paint? The leather looks really good from what you can see in the picture. Any idea of how many miles are on it?
Saw a green one in Bend, Oregon
Laz - Tuesday, 27 November, 2012, at 1:01:10 pm
In maybe the 15 minutes it took to drive through the town, I saw a Carrera 4 coupe, a Carrera 4 Cabriolet, and a mint (in more ways than one) 914. It was the same green as the one in the original post. Having not seen pretty much any Porsches other than in LA, I wondered why so many here. Turns out it's the locale of a Porsche dealer and the High Desert Region chapter of PCA. I might've seen a Panamera in Oregon, too, but I'm not sure if that was elsewhere.

A total aside: a few days ago I saw a water-cooled Carrera painted in what looked like Petrol Blue. Whatever the color, it was beautiful.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2012 01:04PM by Laz. (view changes)
Petee_C - Tuesday, 27 November, 2012, at 5:44:01 pm
Alcantera,

Glad to see u're still hanging out here.

My Boxster is going to sleep for the winter once I clear some space in the far side of the garage.....

P
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Wednesday, 28 November, 2012, at 6:59:39 pm
I miss my early Boxster, fortunately my current Boxster takes away a bit of the sting.

IFlyLow - Thursday, 29 November, 2012, at 6:29:51 am
Brings back memories. My dad had a 914/6 when I was in high school, and I drove it quite a bit. Wow, talk about handling!
Clarkaddison - Thursday, 29 November, 2012, at 2:59:29 pm
My first Porsche was a 1970 914. I bought it new for $3700, and totalled it two years later. The other guy's insurance paid me more than I could have sold it for, and at my indy mechanic's recommendation I bought a used 1969 911T. That started the slippery slope. I'm now on my 6th Porsche, a 1995 Carrera 4 (after another 911 and two Boxsters). It's the last generation of aircooled Porsches, and the last of the classic 911 design.
San Rensho - Thursday, 6 December, 2012, at 4:37:36 pm
I had a 914 for 24 hours when I was in in college in Wisconsin. Saw one advertised for $800.00 and said to myself what a deal! Went to look at it at night (mistake number 1), since the owner said many people were interested. It looked ok from the outside and drove well. Owner said it had "some" rust. I bought it.

The next day I took it to a mechanic for an inspection (mistake number 2, get the inspection before you buy) and after a cursory exam told me I should strap a skateboard to my ass when going over railroad tracks because the frame is so rusted it will likely break in half. So I went back to the owner, told him it was unsafe and asked for my money back. He grudgingly took it back for $600, so I was out $200.00 and learned some valuable lessons.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login