Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
2013 Boxster winter wheel/tire set images
Laz - Friday, 30 November, 2012, at 4:01:07 pm
Similar to the old c.2001 Boxster S "florette" wheel, but with the creases that pick up on those of the 2013. Clever.
The tires are PA4 n-spec.
[oi50.tinypic.com]

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2012 04:04PM by Laz. (view changes)
Re: 2013 Boxster winter wheel/tire set images
paulwdenton - Saturday, 1 December, 2012, at 11:57:35 am
Love the color of your car. Classy and practical, too. What is it?
Wheels are nice, too. Nice combo.
Oh, and the wheels are Sport Edition Cup 4.
Laz - Sunday, 2 December, 2012, at 9:02:12 am
Although, per my signature, you get what you pay for. A couple of the wheels took a lot of balance weight, and the machining of the center cap bore on one was too tight, and not allowing the cap to seat properly. The wheel was exchanged. The alternative was to order extra wheels from Porsche; an expensive option.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2012 09:06AM by Laz. (view changes)
Are these aftermarket wheels? A second set?
Bobtesa - Sunday, 2 December, 2012, at 9:14:00 am
Nice wheels. It's a new car, so I don't imagine there would be problems with Porsche factory wheels unless they really screwed up. Did you get these after market for a second set of tires for the winter? If not, what did you do with the original wheels? Maybe I missed something in your post or an earlier post.
Re: Are these aftermarket wheels? A second set?
Laz - Sunday, 2 December, 2012, at 11:05:36 am
Aftermarket wheels, and still have the summer tires on factory rims. It's a total PIA to have only one set, and I think abusive to the tire beads to repeatedly change back and forth. The factory rims with the factory mounted* summer tires have a lot less weighting. I'm comfortable with the aftermarkets, though, and now have great peace of mind with cold weather driving. On a cooler day earlier in the year with summer tires I managed to snap the rear, and thats's in spite of PSM and PTV. All these devices are compensating for loss of traction, so the "first line of defense" is to have the proper rubber meeting the road. The summer set will go back on maybe in March.

* The passenger rear picked up a sheet metal screw in Del Mar, California, ironically when I was driving to a self serve car wash. At first I was alarmed, but right next door was Clark's German Auto Repair. They declined repairing the flat because of time constrictions, but topped up the tire (a relatively slow leak) and sent me to a Discount Tire shop about a mile away. The place was great: very courteous to all the customers, quick to repair the flat, and when I went to pay, the service guy said, "Oh, no. Today's our free fix a flat day!" They also follow the Rubber Manufacturer's Association guidelines for repair and have a nationwide coverage guarantee. When I went out to the car, I smelled something like shoe polish: they had reblacked not only the repaired tire, but also the other three! I know a repair affects Porsche's speed rating, but took it in stride that it would help keep me out of really big legal trouble. (I still went over 100 at opportune times.)

Geez that looks nice! *NM*
DougW - Saturday, 1 December, 2012, at 6:10:15 pm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login