Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
who knew? cute victory for 986 over 987?
Steve (Morro Bay) - Sunday, 2 December, 2012, at 5:42:12 pm
I switched the window washer fluid for my cars to a winter version today. I just let the sprayers go until they ran dry, then filled. Discovered that the 986 holds more than one bottle of the stuff, while the 987 holds less than a bottle. Hooray for the 986! Then again, my 986 has headlight sprayers while my 987 doesn't, so maybe that's the reason.
Does the 986 have Litronics and the 987 not?
Laz - Sunday, 2 December, 2012, at 5:52:58 pm
Cars factory equipped with Litronic/HID lights have headlight washers and a larger capacity reservoir.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
You're right, that's the reason his 987 has a smaller reservoir.

I've only used my headlight washers once. Luckily, I had the roof up. They did the WHOLE car. eye popping smiley Lots of pressure. grinning smiley
I used it once... by accident
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Tuesday, 4 December, 2012, at 6:58:23 pm
I had just detailed the car for a drive down to Palm Springs and was setting the Cruise Control on Highway 5 (I won't mention what I set it at winking smiley ) and hit the headight washer by mistake. Not only did it spray the car, the hose came loose and drained the resevoir!
Re: I used it once... by accident
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 4 December, 2012, at 8:05:33 pm
BoxsterBob - San Carlos
I had just detailed the car for a drive down to Palm Springs and was setting the Cruise Control on Highway 5 (I won't mention what I set it at winking smiley ) and hit the headight washer by mistake. Not only did it spray the car, the hose came loose and drained the resevoir!

...hmmmmm sounds like you had all systems set to GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! grinning smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Re: Does the 986 have Litronics and the 987 not?
Steve (Morro Bay) - Sunday, 2 December, 2012, at 9:31:04 pm
The 986 does have the factory litronic lights, and washers. I guess i'll have to borrow someone else's similarly equipped 987 to do a fair comparison.

Guenter you should try the washers after one of the spray nozzles has broken off. Not only do you wash the whole car, but also surrounding cars and low flying planes spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Re: Does the 986 have Litronics and the 987 not?
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 2 December, 2012, at 10:09:02 pm
Just checked the capacities in the 987 manual.

Regular headlights - washer fluid is 0.66 US gallons
Litronics (and washers) fluid is 1.59 US gallons - no wonder there's enough for a complete wash job - including low flying planes. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2012 10:09PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login