Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Porsche Art
richard986pei - Monday, 10 December, 2012, at 2:24:45 pm

On my trip to Germany in October I came across this old Boxster - photo does not do justice to the awesome paint job

In Austria - full size 911 out of concrete- the artist made several of them according to my brother

what a little bit of wax will do - like a mirror
Re: Porsche Art
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 10 December, 2012, at 2:56:13 pm
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

While I agree the first picture has some awesome art. Personally, I think it belongs on canvass. OR, I guess you could put it on a Nissan Cube or Kia Soul to try to cover the vehicle design.

That concrete 911 looks like it's a solid car.

Now that last picture, THAT's what a Porsche should look like. cool smiley
Re: Porsche Art
richard986pei - Monday, 10 December, 2012, at 3:34:59 pm
Indeed Guenter - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I always say, don't mess with the lines of beautiful cars such as 911's and Boxsters - the lines are way to sexy to mess them up with any design or add on.
In defence of my PEI pal....
Roger987 - Monday, 10 December, 2012, at 3:51:10 pm
I'm inferring that, when he said "awesome paint job", Richard was admiring the talent of the painter, as contrasted with the taste of the car owner.

Remarkable how Richard's seal grey Boxster looks arctic silver in the sunlight when viewed head-on, and almost agate grey when viewed at an angle.

Yes, Gary, that's your cue to jump in. grinning smiley
Re: In defence of my PEI pal....
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 10 December, 2012, at 4:41:58 pm
Roger987
I'm inferring that, when he said "awesome paint job", Richard was admiring the talent of the painter, as contrasted with the taste of the car owner.

Remarkable how Richard's seal grey Boxster looks arctic silver in the sunlight when viewed head-on, and almost agate grey when viewed at an angle.

Yes, Gary, that's your cue to jump in. grinning smiley

GT silver - great; seal gray - awesome; arctic silver - boring (yes, I had one this color); agate grey - hue you winking smiley

Wonder what color G-man is getting.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Guenter's 981
Roger987 - Monday, 10 December, 2012, at 5:24:04 pm
Gary, with the money Guenter's saving by not buying PDK, PCM, PSE, Bose, and a button-filled steering wheel, he's springing for GT Silver and PASM.

If he'd got the platinum silver or whatever it's called, he'd hate himself everytime he walked to (or away from) the car.
But he should still go for PTV. *NM*
Laz - Monday, 10 December, 2012, at 5:28:01 pm
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Do you need PTV if you never go above 65 MPH?
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 10 December, 2012, at 5:50:57 pm
Arctic silver or platinum silver will be easy for G-man to keep clean, and we all know how he spends hours every day caressing his honey. smoking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Not his what ? winking smiley *NM*
Roger987 - Monday, 10 December, 2012, at 10:12:25 pm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login