Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Spring can't come soon enough and it's only 166 days to BRBS.

Fun Run. Hurray!

The darn cars are made in frigid Germany and Finland. Use it like it was designed to be used...year round!

If you need to master winter driving take a Porsche driving course in Canada: Driving in Snow

Snow, Ice salt, sand and such can be washed off at those self car washes, and the undercarriage can be sprayed clean. You love to clean your Boxster every day, so winter is a great reason.

Go play with it in the snow: Boxster Snow Angels

You can even protect your wheels with this interesting and cheap stuff: Rubber/plastic paint protector

Put a heavy coat of wax on it, change the oil, winterize it, put on snow tires, stick it in the garage during really severe weather, and drive it, rather than keeping it sooooo perfect, by not using it for half a year, that you can eat off it. Sorry, no sympathy from me over self inflicted blahs, my friend. smileys with beer

Just please don't wind up like this:

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
BurgBoxster's old car in the picture above cool smiley

Class for those in fear of taking their cars out in the snow: Master The Art

These folks don't go hide inside when it's snowing....thankfully:

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Gary in SoFL
BurgBoxster's old car in the picture above cool smiley

Class for those in fear of taking their cars out in the snow: Master The Art

These folks don't go hide inside when it's snowing....thankfully:

The secret is the heated boots, Gary--and what they were getting paid for the shoot. smiling smiley
Great idea, Gary. I'm sure you won't mind me borrowing yours. I'll promise to wash it every day and treat it with TLC. I know you won't blame me when all the brake parts and suspension bits rust a bit from the salt and sand on the roads. The top part will stay really shiny, though.

The other problem is the snow banks, which make visibilty in a car like the Boxster almost non existant. And then, of course, there are the yahoos who don't drive according to weather and driving conditions. So, yes. I don't want the CURVEN8R to end up like the one in your picture, although, it would be more likely that the other end would be hit because I know how to judge the stopping distance. It's usually the guys behind me that I worry about.

Actually, Germany isn't that frigid in winter - Finland, well, that's another story.

OK, so when are you bringing your Boxster up to take me for a drive? smiling smiley
Guenter in Ontario
Great idea, Gary....

OK, so when are you bringing your Boxster up to take me for a drive? smiling smiley

For what it would cost you to reimburse me for my time and fuel, you would have a very nice deposit for that 981 in your future winking smiley

From what you've stated all the winter cars in Canada must be rusted out shells, and why can't you either drive around those very infrequent snow banks or just use your junker when it's that bad? The yahoos you speak about are around ALL the time, aiming at you. eye popping smiley

Face the fact that you're overly protective of your 6 year old Boxster, that you secretly like putting it to bed for half a year, and that you don't deserve our pity for doing so, sissy. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I`ll trade you moccasins for the next 3 months.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
WOW - A double CURVeN8R pic! *NM*
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Thursday, 13 December, 2012, at 10:17:20 pm
Re: WOW - A double CURVeN8R pic!
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 13 December, 2012, at 10:32:06 pm
Hey!...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 14 December, 2012, at 12:00:59 pm
... I don't remember being in that picture, but...
... there I am!
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Hey!...
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 14 December, 2012, at 3:46:26 pm
Maybe the fact that you were so exited and FLATered caused you to forget.
Is that you in the black bikini? *NM*
jg wnc - Friday, 14 December, 2012, at 4:05:02 pm
I DO remember being in that picture, but for some reason, I prefer Gary's contribution. smiling bouncing smiley

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2012 10:38AM by KevinR-MedinaOhio. (view changes)
KevinR-MedinaOhio
I DO remember being in that picture, but for some reason, I prefer Gary's contribution. smiling bouncing smiley

smileys with beer Probably because there's no garbage dump in my picture winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login