Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I can't believe my PW still works smiling smiley
Joanne in OC - Monday, 17 December, 2012, at 7:37:36 pm
Hi everyone
It's been awhile since I've been on the board. Hope you still remember me.

Lots of things have happened since I've been off the board (YES, I'm still single). The biggest and worse was that my Boxster was totalled in Oct. I am having such withdrawal from it. The accident wasn't my fault. I was in the right lane and the guy in the middle lane realized he had to turn right to get his pastrami sandwich. I couldn't stop since it was so sudden and I hit him, my frame was bent which totalled the car. Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt. .... I've decided to buy a new boxster but have to wait until after the holidays to order it.

I'm also planning to attend BRBS this year!!!! It would be great to see many of you again. I have missed all the activity and fun on the board. Since things have settled down, I should have more time to be on the board again.

Hope you are all having a nice holiday season.
Joanne
Welcome baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack, Joanne
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 17 December, 2012, at 8:47:21 pm
Really sorry to hear about your Boxster, but glad to hear that you're OK.

Are you sure you really want to attend BRBS? It means driving on twisty roads, eating and drinking at the Boxster Bar. I guess if you're willing to put up with those things. It would be OK to go. grinning smiley This year there's even going to be an extra, extra day. Even more eating, drinking and driving twisty roads. Your new Boxster would have a great time, that's for sure.

So have you already planned what all you're ordering on your new Boxster - colour, options?

I'll look forward to seeing it (and you of course.) smiling smiley
Re: Welcome baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack, Joanne
Joanne in OC - Tuesday, 18 December, 2012, at 2:46:40 am
I don't think I'm going to drive. It's 3000 miles. I thought about it but not sure if I can get enough time off. I'll do like the last time I went and car hop when I'm there. It was a great time ridingwith different people. ..... I do have to say the Boxster Bar was one of the highlights and I'm looking forward to it. I think it was about 7 years ago that I went.

As for the new car, I think I have the options picked out. But I'm having a big problem on deciding a color. I'd really like to see cars with the new colors on them. ..... I am enjoying going to different dealers and playing dumb. Telling them that I haven't driven the new Boxster. They usually give me the keys and tell me to have a nice drive. I always come back with a smile on my face. I think that's how i'm keeping my sanity with not having my Boxster. I miss it sooooo much.

Joanne
Re: Welcome baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack, Joanne
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 18 December, 2012, at 8:41:09 am
3000 miles in a Boxster. I guess you'd at least have to stop for a pit stop and lunch break along the way. smiling smiley

At least with enough Porsche dealers in your area, I guess you can get a weekly Boxster fix for a while. The colour really is an individual thing. At least Porsche can make it easy (or maybe more difficult) Just get yours painted to sample and match your favourite shoes or outfit. winking smiley

Good luck with the selection.
Here's how you do it ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Tuesday, 18 December, 2012, at 3:24:09 pm
... order your new car for delivery in NC just before BRBS 15.
Fly to NC, pick up your new baby, dive with us and it's only 3,000 miles back winking smiley
Happy to have you back Joanne.
Looking forward to a beer or two with you at the Boxster Bar.
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
That's an idea, I may consider it ..... But,
Joanne in OC - Thursday, 20 December, 2012, at 11:24:37 am
that means I'd have to wait for June !!!!! I'm not sure if I can wait that long. ...... I'm going crazy now without my car sad smiley
Welcome back. Glad you're OK! *NM*
SMILIN - Tuesday, 18 December, 2012, at 10:34:26 am
Re: I can't believe my PW still works smiling smiley
db997S - Tuesday, 18 December, 2012, at 3:25:02 pm
Bummer, wonder if the dude was on his cell phone at the time, too. Taking the glass-half-full approach, at least you get a new toy out of it. As you probably know from your research, the newest Boxster is getting heaps of praise just about every auto critic who has test drove the thing. Also, since you are new, once you get your new car, Pedro has a great, clear windscreen option to replace the mesh between the seats.
He wasn't on his cell
Joanne in OC - Thursday, 20 December, 2012, at 11:31:56 am
It was really an unfortunate accident where the guy just didn't see me...... He was in his 20s and extremely responsible. Immediatley he came over to see that I was ok and took responsibility. He explalined to me that they were going to dinner at "The Hat" for pastrami and realized he had to right at the intersection. Unfortunately, he was in the middle lane and I was in the right lane when he went over to make his turn. ..... He didn't see me.

I am really surpized no one was hurt. When I hit him, his car made a 90 degree turn which made him hit a light pole. The light pole fell over. His engine ended up inside the car. He and the passenger were not hurt. Fortunately, the pole fell onto the street and not onto the car. .... Both cars were totalled.
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 19 December, 2012, at 12:04:07 pm
As the years tick off, I feel that way about lots of things, Joanne winking smiley

Now we need Robyn and Mer to joint us (aka: the 3 nurses) and the Boxster Bar will need a transfusion hot smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
You mean this trio?
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 19 December, 2012, at 12:10:07 pm
[www.brbs.org]

Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
That's them....triple trouble smileys with beer *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 19 December, 2012, at 12:21:54 pm
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
OMG ..... You were supposed to loose those pics smiling smiley
Joanne in OC - Thursday, 20 December, 2012, at 11:22:17 am
At least you don't have the ones from TBHL....... The other memorable time was the year before when we roasted Bob C and made him do a diaper change on a bear. Can't believe how many years ago that was

Such great memories, another reason to get another Boxster. I don't think I can go without the family smiling smiley
He did! *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 20 December, 2012, at 11:48:41 am
Meredith in Atlanta - Thursday, 20 December, 2012, at 11:52:53 am
Thanks for the email Joanne! Wow, that sounds like a pretty serious accident. I'm so glad you're ok - cars can be replaced - you cannot!

If you do go to BRBS, I will as well. I'll probably also end up buying a Boxster or Cayman because this kind of thing is inspiring.

I can't wait to hear what new Boxster you will end up with!
Wouldn't want you to be embarrassed by showing up in identical cars. grinning smiley
I am definitely going ....
Joanne in OC - Thursday, 20 December, 2012, at 1:11:53 pm
Just waiting to hear the dates and where the Boxster Bar will be so I can make my reservations close to the bar smiling smiley
BRBS dates
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 20 December, 2012, at 1:25:06 pm
May 29 - June 2, 2013. Better get your new Boxster ordered soon, so you'll have it in time. winking smiley

More info here:
[www.brbs.org]

Boxster Bar is never more than a few stumble ......errr steps from most rooms. grinning smiley
Rev Dennis - Thursday, 27 December, 2012, at 11:24:43 am
Hello Joanne. Good to hear from you. I might come to BRBS this year - have not been in awhile.
Joanne in OC - Thursday, 27 December, 2012, at 1:49:31 pm
Dennis... that would be great. Get the ole group together again. I was an honorary member.

Meredith is planning to come. Waiting to hear from Robyn. .... I've spoken with a few others who may go as well.

YAY!!!!

Joanne
Rev Dennis - Thursday, 17 January, 2013, at 10:51:30 am
With a little effort maybe we can get a lot of the old gang to come this year. I sent an email to a few. When does pre registration start? Anyone know?
I'll send emails out to everyone also
Joanne in OC - Tuesday, 22 January, 2013, at 1:55:22 pm
It would be fun to see everyone again..... I have Macsak's contact info. I'll email him. And Skylar too smiling smiley He's back from the war and busy with his family now.
Geez - this is just like old times.smileys with beer *NM*
Rey - Friday, 25 January, 2013, at 3:04:17 pm
Post Falls Rob - Thursday, 17 January, 2013, at 4:20:19 pm
HA, so does mine! smiling smiley
All we need now is for macsak to show his face!
jg wnc - Friday, 18 January, 2013, at 1:54:57 pm
Aloha, Steve!
Macsak's email was returned sad smiley
Joanne in OC - Thursday, 24 January, 2013, at 2:20:22 am
But, thanks to the internet, I found his work email. I emailed him there, he's good at responding.

Patricia's email was also returned, but I have her as a friend on Facebook.... I can contact her there.

I'm surprized that only 2 were returned. I think I sent 30 emails. Bob C already responded and so did Robert in Canada
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login